FOUR (II)

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT - JUST SPITBALLING

"If this guy flew planes for Ward, he's gotta be pretty tight-lipped

"If this guy flew planes for Ward, he's gotta be pretty tight-lipped." Pope says.

I'm sitting on the backseat, with JJ by my side. I've been trying to make him put his seatbelt on for the last ten minutes and nothing has worked.

I've been paying attention to the details in Pope's plan ever since. That is until I hear a gun being cocked, and I turn around with wide eyes to see JJ holding one in his hands.

"So then direct approach gets my vote." He says, with his usual lopsided grin.

"JJ, no!" Pope is quick to tell him off.

"JJ, yes" He's quick to answer back. I snort and hold back a cackle when I see Pope's disapproval look and I raise my hands up in surrender.

"Put the gun down, man!"

"Guys, we gotta get this simple or we'll never get John B off."

I can see Kie's face through the rear-view mirror and she looks so fed up with all of us. Good thing she still hasn't kicked us off the car.

"Just put the gun down, J. We're not gonna need it." I take it off his hands and put the safety back on.

"We can just tickle the wire." Pope says, showing us Kiara's airpods.

"What?"

"We tickle the wire." He process to explain, while putting one of the airpods in his ear. "I plant my phone in his car, and then we listen in on your AirPods." Pope touches something on his phone screen, then moves the phone closer to Kie's face. "Say something."

"Something."

"Okay, we have audio." Pope smiles, happy with his idea and taking off the AirPods.

Kiara slows down the car, Pope points at a white basic house a few metres away from us. "I think that's his house over there."

Pope takes a deep breath. "All right, honk or, uh... or yell or something if you see anything suspicious." He's unbuckling his seatbelt.

"Don't do anything dangerous." Kiara says looking straight into his eyes, and I kind of feel like I'm in the middle of something here.

"Come on. I'm not JJ." Pope jokes before getting out of the car.

"Hey! That's not fair." I defend JJ.

"Funny, Pope." JJ scoffs.

Once Pope leaves the car, I can't no longer see him. So I just sigh and sit back and wait. Kiara is keeping an eye on him, making sure he doesn't get caught.