FOURTEEN (II)

*TW: Violence and a little bit of blood

CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT - IF YOU'RE PANICKING, DO IT QUIETLY

Sarah starts crying the moment she sees my bloody arm. She covers her mouth with both her hand and lets out a squeal. JJ and John B share a distraught look and both of them rush to where I'm standing.

I haven't had the guts to take a look at my own arm, so I'm just relying on their faces, and it's not very helpful. "Is it bad?" I ask with a shaky breath.

John B takes my arm carefully, but still, a sting of pain causes me to flinch. JJ are wide and his chest rises and falls heavily and fast, while he watches my brother get his hands all bloody.

"I- I don't know, there's too much blood, I can't see anything." John B cries out.

My arm hurts, but to be honest, it doesn't hurt as much as you would have thought. Not that I usually think about getting shot, but, yeah, you get the idea.

"Oh my God. Fuck, fuck, fuck." John B mutters under his breath, still moving his hands around my arm, not knowing what to do. "I- Uh- Damn, I- You- All right... I-"

"John B, I don't care if you're panicking, just do it quietly." I say, and he bites down on his lower lip and nods his head.

JJ freezes right there, eyes staring at the blood, Sarah is crying and weeping as if she had been shot again, and John B is just... there.

"Well, someone do something! Shouldn't we stop the bleeding or some shit?" I yell.

"Yes! Yes!" JJ shouts and runs inside.

John B helps me sit on one of the beach chairs, and he crouches down next to me. "Sarah, go help JJ and bring a bucket with water."

Sarah nods, and runs inside. Less than a minute later, JJ comes out of the Chateau with towels, toilet paper, scissors, knives and needles. Sarah comes after him, with a bucket full of water.

I frown with a shocked expression looking at JJ. "What the hell is all that for?"

"We have to get the bullet out!" He yells, dropping to his knees next to John B.

"Shouldn't we take her to a hospital?" Sarah suggests, still crying but looking calmer now.

"We can't pay for it." I shake my head.

My brother takes one of the towels and presses it on my wound, making me grunt and swear under my breath.

"Hold on! I've got an idea!" JJ says, and takes his phone from his back pocket.

I hear the ring from a call, and he holds his phone up in his face. A ding sounds, and I guess whoever he called answered the call.

"What's up, JJ."