TWENTY-FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE - MANDATORY MEETING

The group were sitting on fallen trunks by a bonfire

The group were sitting on fallen trunks by a bonfire. Brizo on JJ's lap earning looks of disapproval from John B. However, since he promised her to not interfere in her love life, he just imagined all the ways he could castrate the blonde.

"Hey, guys. So, like, my dad's already gonna kill me so what's this mandatory meeting about?" Pope questioned.

"Might as well tell him, man, before we're gaffed" JJ sighed. 

"You ready for this?" He asked looking at his friends. 

"Yeah"

"So, the gold never went down with the Royal Merchant" He started.

"Oh, my God. Here we go again with this" Kiara rubbed her forehead. 

"No, Kie. Listen to him. This is the only thing he's said in a week that actually makes sense" Brizo said.

"Nothing related to the Merchant makes sense"

"All right, wait. Hear him out, all right?" JJ agreed with Brizo. 

"It's been here the whole time. It's on the island" He smiled.

"Are you serious?" Kiara suddendly looked a bit interested in what he had to say. 

"I'd like to voice my skepticism" Pope wasn't ready to change his mind. 

"I'm sure you would, Pope, but can I please present youwith my evidence, sir?" 

"Proceed" 

"All right. So, in my backpack, I have a letter from Denmark Tanny"

"Who the hell's that?" Kiara asked.

"Denmark Tanny was a slave that survived the Royal Merchant wreck. Check this out" He said, passing a few papers to the girl.

"Okay, slaves weren't mentioned as crew members on the ship, but my dad, he found the complete manifest. Uh- well, actually, you, Brizo found the manifest" He said smiling at his sister.

"Me?" She pointed at herself.

"Yeah. Remember how dad said your last visit to the library was the missing piece he needed? He meant that. The complete manifest. That was your big discovery" He smiled at Brizo.

She was smiling and had tears in her eyes, but she refused to cry. JJ kissed her on the cheek and tightened his grip on her waist. 

"So Tanny used the gold from the Merchant to buy his freedom" John B continued. "After that, he bought his farm. Drumroll, please, because that farm is..."