TWO

CHAPTER TWO - HURRICANE AGATHA

The next morning, John B wasn't at home

The next morning, John B wasn't at home. He and Brizo had an appointment with the DCS, however, when he knocked on her bedroom door to ask her if she was ready to leave, he found his twin still sleeping. He didn't feel like waiking her up since she'd been having these horrible nightmares about their father, so he let her sleep and he went to the meeting on his own. 

Brizo woke up a few hours later. She left her bedroom to go to the bathroom. She took a shower and put on a soft red bikini with a summer dress over it. When she got out of the bathroom she realized her brother wasn't home. 

"The DCS... Fuck." She whispered to herself. 

"What about the DCS?" JJ asked. 

Brizo turn around scared. JJ was sitting behind her in the couch eating a sandwhich. She hadn't realised he was there. 

"What the fuck, JJ? You scared me!" The boy shrugged. Brizo shook her head and went to sit down beside JJ. "The DCS meeting was today. I guess John B went without me." 

"Yeah, he left a few hours ago. He didn't wanna wake you up. Want some?" He offered a bite of his sandwhich to the girl next to him, which she refused remembering that John B told her that bread wasn't very good."Fine, more for me then." 

"He should've woke me up. He's an idiot. I'm sure the DCS is coming for us any moment now" She was the smart one. John B got them into problems and she was the one who solved them. What if the DCS woman asked him a questions and he messed up? She was worried that her brother wouldn't come home. But she pushed that thought away as soon as her twin walked in the room. 

"Hey, Bee. Did you sleep well?" He asked his sister. 

"I guess, but you should've woke me up, idiot! How did it go? Are they coming for us? Oh my god please don't tell me they're taking us with different families. What the hell, John B?! How are you gonna survive without me?! I mean-" Brizo wouldn't stop talking. JJ listened to the girl with amusement. She used to overthink a lot and it annoyed her brother. 

"BRIZO, SHUT UP" John B yelled. His sister shut up and look up to him "We are not going anywhere. They're coming tomorrow to talk to uncle T"

"But uncle T is not here" 

"I know. We'll figure something out"

"I can be your uncle T" JJ offered. The siblings looked at him with smiles on their faces even though they knew that was the worst idea they've ever heard. 

"What are we gonna do, John B?" Brizo sat down in a chair next to where John B was standing. She rested her head on her hands as she felt the tears coming out of her eyes. Her brother kneeled before her and took her head in his hands. 

"Listen to me, Bee. I promise we'll be fine. Nothing is gonna happen to us, okay? I promise. We'll stick together" 

Brizo nodded with a little smile. She knew her brother couldn't promise her that but it was nice hearing it.  

═══════☆═══════

The rest of the day was a bit boring for Brizo. She had spent her time trying to clean the house. John B would never clean after him, and neither did JJ when he stayed with them. 

The moon was high on the sky when the wind started to sound stronger. John B was still out and she was worried that something had happened to her brother. The hurricane was getting worse. JJ got out of the bathroom and walked up to the window, where she was looking outside. 

"Relax. John B can take care of himself"

"Yeah, I doubt that" JJ laughed at the girl's statement. "Are you staying tonight?" 

"Yup. Is that okay?" 

"Yeah, sure. You know you're like family"

"You sent me straight to the family-zone, uh" Brizo turned to look at him. He smirked at the girl and she showed him her middle finger. "C'mon Bee"

"Not gonna happen, Maybank" She said firmly. The truth was that she had thought about it. But her brother would kill her. And him. John B made the no pogue on pogue macking rule just because Brizo started to date boys and he didn't want JJ or Pope hitting on her.

"Never say never" She sighed and started to walk to her bedroom."Where are you going?"

"I'm going to sleep. I don't feel like waiting for my brother all night long" She said as she entered her room. She already had her pyjama on  so she just turned off the lights and got in her bed. 

She heard JJ walking to her room but she didn't say anything. She quickly fell asleep only to wake up a few hours later due to a nightmare. She woke up covered in cold sweat. Once more the image of her father drowning won't let her sleep. She couldn't stop thinking about where could his body be, was he alone, did he suffer? She didn't want to cry so she got up and went to the bathroom to wash her face with cold water as she tried to think about happier times. 
JJ appeared half asleep on the door. He leaned on the frame of the door watching her. 

"Are you okay?" Brizo nodded. "You don't look like you're okay, Bee" His ocean blue eyes looking at her and she wondered what did he think about when he looked at her. Did he see a poor weak girl who lost her father? She didn't want him to feel sorry for her. She was going to be fine

"I'm fine. It was just a nightmare" JJ nodded, not really believing her. Brizo got out of the bathroom and made her way back to her bedroom. She laid on her bed again and closed her eyes. Tears coming out, she couldn't hold them back. She knew JJ was still there, watching her. 

"Brizo..." 

"Can you please stay with me tonight? I don't want to worry John B" She asked him. 

"Of course, Bee" 

JJ walked up to her bed and laid beside her. He pull her close to him and she hugged him. Her head resting on his chest as she tried her best not to cry. JJ pet her hair and never let go his hold on her. Brizo fell asleep while hearing JJ assuring her she was going to be okay.

----------

AUTHOR'S NOTE!:

Hey!!! so i'm updating again! i know no one is reading this now but anyways i'm just gonna keep writing because i love it and also because this way i feel like i'm actually part of outer banks lmao if that makes sense

this chapter was just because i wanted to show the relationship between brizo and john b and also i wanted her to have a moment with jj before we got into the obx series. i've got so many ideas for this, can't wait to write them all! xx

-c