THIRTY-SIX

CHAPTER THRITY-SIX    -   THE CAT'S ASS

The three of them walked over the lights and sound were coming from and found JJ sitting in a hot tub

The three of them walked over the lights and sound were coming from and found JJ sitting in a hot tub. He was wearing some black sunglasses and golden chains that Brizo had never seen on him before. There was no sign of his usual bracelets or his shark tooth necklace. The boy had a bottle of champagne on his hand and a glass on the other. 

"What did you do, JJ?" Pope asked in disbelief. 

Brizo tried to understand the situation in front of her, but she just couldn't. What had he done? 

"I got a jet going straight in my butt right now" JJ chuckled.

"JJ, this is not funny" Brizo frowned and realized JJ was probably drunk. 

"Y'all should get in immediately, you hear me? Salud!" He took a sip of his glass.

"How much did this cost?" Pope almost yelled. 

Brizo exchanged a look with Kiara. She could tell her friend and Pope were about to snap at JJ. 

"Uh, well, with the generator, the petrol, and oh, hey, express delivery... pretty much all of it, yeah" JJ chuckled again. 

"All of it?" Kiara yelled.

"JJ, you said you were gonna pay restitution" Brizo rubbed her forehead. 

"You spent all the money in one day?" Pope yelled too. 

"Yeah, burned a hole right through my pocket. But, I mean, like, come on, guys, like, look at this! Finest in jet-based massage therapy, that's what they told me" He laughed. 

Brizo tried to think of a solution, maybe they could return all the stuff he had bought and get the money back, or maybe she could sue the company because who the hell sells all this stuff to a 16 year old with cash money? 

JJ looked at his friends above his glasses. He could tell they were mad at him.

"Kie, what?" He sighed looking at his friend. "Can't a man have a little luxury in life? Come on, all this scrimping and scraping... I mean, like... guys, we- You only live once, right?" He smiled. "Enough of this emotional shit. Get in the Cat's Ass. Come on" He motioned for them to join him. 

"In the what?" Brizo asked. 

"In the Cat's Ass. That's what I named her" He chuckled. "Oh, hey, yo, I almost forgot" He reached for a button. 

When he pressed it, a disco ball started to spin and lighted up the place with even more lights and colors. 

"Yeah, that's right, I know. Disco mode. That's right, baby!" He cheered.

"Are you kidding me?" Pope finally snapped.

"Guys, we should-" Brizo once more tried to take control of the situation, and once more no one listened to her.