SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN - TIT FOR TAT

Brizo woke up in her room although she had no memories of going back home

Brizo woke up in her room although she had no memories of going back home. She opened her eyes slowly. The first thing she saw was JJ sitting in the sill of the window in front of her. The rays of sun coming through the opened window made his hair looked like it was made of gold. JJ was distracted with his bracelets but looked up at her when he noticed she had woken up.

"Good morning, Bee" He smiled at the girl, "how you feelin?" He sat in her bed right next to her. The girl sat up straight and run her hand trough her hair. Her head hurt and she couldn't remember what happened the night before.

"I'm fine, I guess... My head hurts. A lot" JJ chuckled. "What happened? I don't remember anything, fuck"

"Well" JJ smirked, "You threw Topper a really good punch. Unfortunetly he was way stronger than you and he knocked you out. But don't worry you he's got a black eye" JJ laughed. "Also, I'll give you a painkiller after you eat. For your head. You hit the ground pretty bad"

Suddenly Brizo remember her brother being drowned by Topper.

"John B-" She started to say, but couldn't finish when she looked up at the boy next to her. He had bags under his eyes and he was wearing the same clothes he wore the day before. "Did you stay up all night?"

"Yeah" He put a lock of her hair behind her ear, "I mean, you blacked out. I was worried you could die or something" Brizo looked at the boy in the eyes and whispered a thank you. JJ nodded and never broke the visual contact. "Uh- yeah- and also your brother is fine. I saved his ass as you can ima-"

JJ words got cut by the sound of the outside door closing. They heard voices outside the girl's room. Brizo put her finger on her lips telling JJ to be quiet and walked up to the door so she could hear the voices better.

"Sorry to break in like this, but DCS called. They wanted me to check on you and your sister. See how you're doing. Where is she, by the way?" Brizo recognised that voice as the sheriff Peterkins'. She turned back to look at JJ.

"Stay here and don't do anything stupid" She said. The boy nodded and she left the room closing the door behind her.

She went to the living room and she found her brother standing up talking to sheriff Peterkin. He had a huge black eye. She walked up to him.

"Hi, sheriff. I'm sorry I just woke up. What are you doing here?"

"DCS wanted me you check on you two. And I guess they were right... What the hell happened to your faces?" She asked pointing at both of the twins.