FORTY

CHAPTER FORTY - NEVER EVER TRUST A COP

"John B, what are we doing at the police station?" JJ asked from the back seat of Kiara's car

Brizo was very mad at her brother for leaving the Twinkie behind. She loved that car. 

"Somebody's gotta tell them what happened" 

"What makes you think that Ward hasn't talked to them yet?" Brizo scoffed. 

She was sitting in the back with JJ. He had his arm around her and was playing with his fingers tracing random patterns on her skin. 

"Ooh... Easy there, chief" JJ said when Pope started to cough. He still had JJ's vape and he was smoking even more than Brizo had in all week. 

"You okay?" Brizo asked seeing the boy wouldn't stop coughing, but he just nodded and shrugged it off.

"All right. I'm just gonna be real with you right now. You might end up in the lion's den, but you don't go there on purpose" JJ stated, looking at John B. "It's fundamental. Just like my old man always told me, you should never ever trust cops, no matter what the circumstance is" 

"Your old man's an abusive liar" Kiara said firmly.

"I agree with JJ. Fuck the police" Pope agreed.

"Wow, you going to the dark side now?" Brizo chuckled. "This is like watching Revenge of the Sith, you know? When Anakin-" 

"When's the last time the police helped us?" Pope cut the girl off. 

"Peterkin looked out for us, all right? Or tried to, at least" He sighed. "They need to know. We owe it to her, Bee" He said looking now at his sister. 

He didn't wait for his twin to answer, he got out the car and closed the door behind him making the girl sigh. 

"This is the worst idea he's ever had" She said.

"He doesn't really have other choice, does he?" Kiara looked at her.

"I could've gone instead of him. I'm sure Ward didn't go home without talking to the cops first, he's not stupid" 

"Maybe he didn't. You don't know that. John B is just trying to do the right thing!" 

"The right thing is gonna get him arrested for something he didn't do" Brizo scoffed. 

"Kie! Start the car!" John B shouted running from the police station. He jumped inside the car, police officers following him close behind. "Start the car, Kie!"

"What? John B? What did you do?" Kie said starting the car. 

"Just drive!" Brizo yelled.

"The cops!" John B yelled looking behind the car through the window.