NINE

CHAPTER NINE - DIVER DOWN

When Pope and Kie came back with some snacks and things they would probably need, all of them climbed onto the boat and drove to where the wreck was

When Pope and Kie came back with some snacks and things they would probably need, all of them climbed onto the boat and drove to where the wreck was. Pope was driving the boat while Kie was sitting with Brizo in the seats the boat had. JJ was standing on the other side of the boat and John B was next to Pope. 

Brizo could feel the tension between her brother, JJ and her. If he hadn't showed up they would've kissed. She couldn't figure out if she was mad at John B or if it was better this way. 

JJ hadn't looked at her since their almost kiss and that upset her. What she didn't know is that he did look at her, in fact he couldn't take his eyes off her. He only turned away when she looked his way. He didn't want to upset John B more than he already did but he needed to talk to Brizo. 

They stoped the boat right above the wreck. Kie checked the tanks of oxygen John B had taken from the Camerons. 

"This is empty. You took empty tanks?" Kiara scoffed.

"Classic John B. I knew I should've gone with you" Brizo teased her brother.

"I-" John B tried to defend himself but it was useless.

"Okay, this one's a quarter full. It's enough for one of us"

"Love it when a plan comes together" Pope joked. 

"Does anybody know how to dive?" Kie looked at her friends waiting for someone to speak up, "Anybody?" JJ and John B pointed at each other. 

"It's kind of a Kook sport" JJ said.

"I read about it" Pope shrugged. 

"Of course you did, P" Brizo smiled at the boy.

"Great, Pope read about it, so someone's gonna die" Kie wasn't liking their plan very much. She wasn't going to let her friends risk their lives for a wreck that could have nothing in it.

"Look, you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?" JJ asked. He clearly didn't have a clue about scuba diving. 

"If you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends" Pope explained to everyone, but mostly to JJ. 

"Bends like, bend over and-" JJ bend over pretending as if someone was giving him from behind. Brizo laughed at the boy and he looked at her and winked. 

"The bends kill you" JJ smirk disappeared and he stood straight. Brizo stopped laughing too. 

"Right" JJ nodded.