TWENTY-ONE (II)

CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE - HANGOVERS AND DIARIES

Blondie didn't come back to the Chateau with us yesterday. She didn't come in the morning either. John B spent the entire morning moping around, drinking beer and leaving empty tins everywhere for me to clean after him.

He seemed to be a little bit better a while after lunch. He laid on the Pogue, with his head on his folded arms in front of him. JJ had been fishing, wearing his overalls that I loved so much. It really is a bummer that he doesn't wear them more often. He looks great in them.

I sat next to him on the wooden floor of the dock, eating Doritos, and trying not to pay attention to my brother. I've had enough of him pitying himself around every corner.

He was an asshole to Sarah. He deserved to be missing her.

"He deserved it, right?" JJ wondered out loud, voicing my own thoughts.

We had talked about it the night before. Neither of us was sure if after everything he had done, after killing my own father, Ward deserved to die. It felt good, and like a breeze of fresh air, knowing he wouldn't be causing anymore problems to us, but at the same time I couldn't stop thinking about Rose, Wheezie and Sarah.

I know what it is like to grow up without a father. Hell, I am still doing it. I can't imagine how it must feel to someone as young as Wheezie is. Also, I'm pretty sure they've been keeping her in the dark in everything related to what her father was up to.

"Are you joking?" Kiara had asked JJ. "Of course he deserved it."

"Never seen anyone blow themselves up like that." Pope had said, too.

"Cross that one off the bucket list." JJ had tried to lighten up the mood, but it was too soon for that. Both Kiara and I scolded him, I smacked his leg, since it was what I had closer.

Kiara walked down the ramp to the boat, and sat beside my brother, placing her hand lovingly on his back, trying to comfort him. I didn't miss the look Pope gave her

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"It's not me I'm worried about." My brother had said.

That made me roll my eyes to the back of my head, and I stood up straight, and walked around JJ so he wouldn't block the view of my brother.

"You sure about that?" I had asked him. "Cause it sure as fuck didn't look like it yesterday."

JJ had tried to stop me from spitting those words, but he stepped back knowing it was too late and just stood there, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly while holding his rod.