FORTY-FOUR

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR  -  FAREWELL

"Dude, where is he?" Pope asked worriedly

"Give him a second. He'll be here" JJ answered, watching Brizo who was stressed out.

"He's coming. He'll be fine" She muttered, trying to make herself believe it. 

The four friends were at the dock where they were supposed to meet John B. They had the Phantom prepared and ready to go. The only thing missing was John B.

Sirens wailing made them turn around, seeing a police car coming towards them. Brizo cursed and exchanged a look with Kiara. 

"JJ!" She called the boy who was on the boat.

"Hey, yeah. Get back on the boat" He muttered, with his eyes on the car. "Untie it" He said looking to Pope. 

They hurried to get on the boat and drive away from the police, but when the car door opened, John B climbed out the car. 

"Wait" JJ said with a smile. "No way"

"No f'ing way" Pope chuckled.

Brizo felt the tears in her eyes as she watched her brother walk towards her with open arms, and she ran to him and hugged him as tight as she could.

"You've gotta be kidding me" Kiara said pointing to the police's car. 

John B laughed, still hugging his twin, and not wanting to let her go. She was the one who pulled apart and let the others hug him. 

Kiara didn't waste a second and hugged her friend. 

"Shoupe let me take it for a spin" John B joked. 

"Okay. That's believable. I'll buy that for now" Kiara laughed. 

"You don't expect us to return it to Shoupe, right?" Brizo added.

"Just dump it in the marsh" John B laughed. 

He walked to JJ. The blonde smiled and reached out his hand to do their handshake. 

"It wasn't easy, bro, but I got the Phantom for you," JJ said, handing John B the keys. "and she runs like she was made yesterday" He walked to Brizo, and put his arm around her shoulders. 

"You ready to go?" Brizo asked looking up at his twin. 

"Where's Sarah?" John B asked.

"She's not with you?" Kiara frowned. 

"No, we got separated in the swamp. She said she'd meet me here" 

"No, we haven't seen her" Pope said. 

"Okay, well, I'm not leaving without her" John B shrugged.

"Okay, that's enough" Brizo said, walking up to her brother and facing him. "We got gas for the boat, we got food... We got the Phantom for you, which wasn't easy and you didn't even thank us. Now you don't wanna leave cause Barbie isn't here?"