THIRTY-EIGHT (II)

CHAPTER EIGHTY-TWO - J&B

I lead the way, running and glancing through every window and bullseye we see, hoping to find John B. I stop before we turn around in a corner, and I press my back against the cold metal walls.

I take a deep breath, before tilting my head to the side taking a glimpse at the upcoming deck. There's no one here, and I can't hear anything either.

"Clear?" JJ whispers behind me.

"Clear." I confirm, and gesture with my hand for them to keep following me.

When we turn around the corner, I stop on my tracks abruptly, coming face to face with one of the members of the crew. I stop Kie from walking forward with my arm, and her face falls when she notices the man in front of us.

"I don't see him." JJ says from behind us, I'm guessing he still hasn't noticed we have a problem.

"J." I call him, the color draining out of my face out of fear.

He turns around, and his face falls blank when he sees the man. He takes a defensive step in front of me, pushing me behind him with his arm and I had done not even five seconds ago with Kiara.

The man is sweaty, he looks like he's on edge, and his shirt has sweat stains as well as dirt on it. He looks between me and JJ, and then behind us at Kie. He pulls out a knife, and I widen my eyes, grabbing JJ's arm that is still pressed against my torso, pushing me back.

"Of course. There's more of you." He grunts.

"Yeah, that's not gonna happen." JJ mutters, and widens his eyes when he notices the man launching at him.

JJ pushes me to the side, and I trip, taking Kiara with me, both of us stumbling back. JJ dodges the swing of the knife, and has to duck down again when the man tries to stab him again.

"Go, girls, go!" He yells.

Obviously, I'm not going anywhere.

Kiara and I share a knowing look, and she nods. I take a sharp breath, and when the man is about to swing his knife again, I grab his hand with both of mine and all the strength I have in my upper body, pushing him against the wall.

I grunt, and Kiara takes the opportunity to try and get the knife out of his hand. JJ is back on his feet now, and hurries to throw a punch to the man, who groans throwing his head to the side.

I'm struggling to keep his hand glued to the wall. JJ notices, and glances at Kiara quickly, pointing with his chin at a small door compartiment I hadn't noticed before.

"Hit him, Kie!"

She slams the metal door on his face with a grunt and her teeth clenched. The man's still body falls to the floor. JJ pulls me in a tight hug, kissing the top of my head and then grabbing my arms pulling me apart, checking that I'm good.