chapter 43

a/n: this chapter will contain smut/ adult content, warning sign adviced. if you don't want to read smut, there will be a * symbol when the smut section starts and ends if you'd like to skip it. thank you!

"Hey Madelynn," My brother's voice peers through the phone, and I let out a tiny gasp as I clutch my phone in my hand. I take a deep breath and go to berate my brother but his voice cuts in again. "I'm just calling to check in on you little sister, are you okay?" He asks, tone sounding worried.

"Yeah Jug," I say clearing my throat, pushing down the words that want to come up; like the fact that I haven't seen Betty in days or that the serpents are growing a little restless. "Everything's fine, how are you two?" I ask nervously, playing with the end of my braid.

"We're okay," Jug says hesitantly and I can hear how worried he sounds. "Can you check in on Betty for me?" He asks desperately. "I must keep missing her or something.." He trails off and I sigh.

"Of course brother, you know me," I say confidently. "I'll talk to Betty and I'll make sure everything is okay," I state while scratching the back of my neck nervously. "Give our brother my love please, especially since you guys are alone," I say worried.

"I will, we both love you," Jughead says. It's quiet for a minute and I start to think I lost him when his voice comes back in. "Take care of yourself, little sister, please." He says. I nod, knowing he can't see me before biting my lip. 

"Yes Jug, I promise," I say before we say our goodbyes. As I hang up, SweetPea comes into my room at the trailer. I wipe my tears before he can notice and turn to him. "Hey, I just have to get dressed then I'll be ready for school,"  I state quietly. 

"Are you alright babe?" He asks, stepping closer and wrapping his hands around my waist. I nod hesitantly, giving him a brief kiss. "You aren't fine, now tell me what's wrong." He states sternly, glancing down at me. 

"It's just me missing my brother, no worries," I say before pulling myself out of his grip and going to grab clothes. "Did you hear from Fangs lately, I'm starting to get worried," I say with a frown as  I pull on my jeans. 

"He's been busy, I personally think he's gotten a piece of the action," SweetPea states making me chuckle as he comes over and helps me button my pants, or more so attempting to take them off. I swat his hand away and he frowns.

"Babe, I'd love to but we have a lot to do today," I say with a frown, showing him my text from Veronica.

"She's living at the Speakeasy?" He asks in disbelief. I explain her reasoning to him while getting dressed and he frowns. "Babe, why didn't she just ask to stay with you?" He asks confused.

"I offered her one of the unused apartments now that the Serpents are almost ready to move in but she said no, said that she needs to do this on her own," I state while slipping on my serpent jacket. "Ronni asked me to go to the speakeasy, for what I don't know," I state before checking myself over in the mirror. SweetPea comes behind me and kisses the back of my head.

 SweetPea comes behind me and kisses the back of my head