Chapter 34

I wake up having another nightmare from what happened with Midge, it's been happening for the past week. I haven't gone to school for a whole week.  Jughead comes in my room tiredly and looks at me. "What time is it?" I ask Jughead.

"It's 4 a.m, another nightmare?" Jug asks me rubbing his eyes. I nod. "Want me to sleep in here?" Jug asks. I nod again and he comes over, getting into bed, wrapping me in his arms. "Go to sleep booboo." He whispers quietly.

---Couple hours later--

I wake up to my alarm going off and I groan, shutting it off. I sit up and see Jughead's already gone. I get out of bed and walk over to my closet, looking for clothing. I grab an outfit, and head into the bathroom. I put on a white long sleeve shirt, a green plaid jumper dress, and my leather jacket. I put my hair into a messy ponytail and do my makeup. I go back into my room and throw a pair of black ankle boots on. 

I walk into the living room to see my family eating breakfast

I walk into the living room to see my family eating breakfast. I sit down with my brother and dad, grabbing some food. It's quiet for a couple of minutes and then Jug clears his throat.

"So Mads, are you sure you wanna go to school today?" Jug asks me unsure. I nod

"I can't miss anymore school if I want to be student body president," I say. "Besides I'm fine," I say to Jug and Dad.

"You're not fine Madelynn," Dad says sternly. I look at him shocked. "You're just deflecting the situation, which is why Principal Weatherbee and I decided that you need to see a therapist," Dad says making Jug and I look up.

"A therapist?" I say to dad who nods. "Hell No," I say making dad's eyes widen.

"You don't get to say Hell No. You just need someone to talk to. You won't talk to your family, friends or boyfriend. You need someone to talk to about everything you've gone through." Dad says to me. "The therapist is a special therapist that is under the protection of the serpents so no gang secrets will get out. You might remember him from your old school, Mr.Powell." Dad says. I sigh.

"Fine," I say sadly. "But don't think this is sticking, I'll do one session," I say to dad. He sighs but nods. "Jug is it time to go?" I ask. Jug nods silently and we get up without a word, leaving the house. Jug and I ride the bike to school together, Jug drives. We get to school and he parks the bike and we quickly get off the bike, heading inside. I walk over to my locker and I see SweetPea standing next to it. I walk over shyly and smile at him.

"Hello gorgeous," SweetPea says smiling at me.  I smile shyly at him and open my locker. "How are you?"He asks gently.

"I'm okay," I say kissing his cheek. "This past week has been hell but I'm trying to focus on doing better," I say as I close my locker and grab it. 

"If you need to talk baby girl, I'm here. I love you." SweetPea says putting his hands on my waist, as I lean against the locker. I kiss him gently and he kisses back.