Chapter 46

Madelynn's P.O.V~

"Madelynn you don't have to make me breakfast, I would've fried you up some eggs or something," Fred mentioned as I was cooking. He had been protesting for five minutes and I was tempted to slap my godfather upside the head or something. 

"Uncle Fred, for the fifteenth time, I want to make you breakfast, just let it happen." I retort as I take the bacon out of the oven and set it on the counter. "You could make me a couple of coffee," I offer while doing some eggs. 

"Whatever you want sweetheart," Fred kisses my head as he grabs the coffee. "So, where's your brother, father, and your boyfriend this morning?" Fred questions, knowing they hate me being alone. 

"They're meeting with Fangs about some things and I wanted to spend time with you without the idiots around." I joke with a small giggle. "Do you not like my company?" I mockingly question as I turn off the stovetop. 

"I love your company-" Fred assures me but is cut off by a four-legged fluff ball running in. "Vegas?" He questions confused as the dog excitedly runs into the house. I give Fred a confused look as we look around before we look toward the front door. "Archie!" Fred looks up in shock and I almost drop the pan. Fred sets the cup down and walks toward his son while I put the food on the stovetop and follow behind him.

"Hey Dad," Archie says before hugging his dad tightly and I notice him wince when Fred hugs him. 

"What?" Fred questions as he pulls away and glances him over. "What's wrong son?" Fred worries. 

"It's a long story." Archie sighs before glancing at me. "Little bear," He murmurs relieved. I run up and gently hug him, letting out a couple of sniffles. "It's okay little sister," Archie murmurs in my ear and he pulls away, kissing my forehead. 

"Well we've got food, you can tell us everything." Fred guides Archie into the dining room and I jump into action, quickly putting the food on the table while Fred gets us all coffee. "Your godsister insists on coming over at least 4 times a week to take care of me," Fred jokes as we all settle down. 

"I don't even remember the rangers finding me," Archie admits after he finishes telling us that he got ATTACKED by a BEAR. "I woke up in the hospital knowing that I couldn't keep running." Archie puts food in his mouth and gives me a slight smile. "I knew it was time to come home, back to a normal life, if that's even possible." He sighs while eating some more food. 

"What about Hiram?" Fred questions as I glance at the two of them. 

"I survived a bear attack, Dad." Archie scoffs. "I can't live my life in fear of when he might come after me anymore." He reasons before glancing at us. "To be honest,  I'm more worried about him gunning for you or Maddie or our family," Archie worries. 

"I survived the black hood, twice." Fred points out like a total badass. "Hiram doesn't scare me," He assures his son before glancing at me. "He's not the only one in this town with friends and as FP likes to remind me; Serpents take care of their own." Fred smiles at me. 

"What about Ronnie Arch, have you reached out to her yet?" I question nervously as I sip on my coffee. I knew that logically things would be different but I had hope for the two of them, they were a good couple but she and Reggie made more sense to me. 

"I was planning on heading to the speakeasy after I finished eating and took a shower," Archie nervously states, glancing at me for assurance. "I did trek all the way from Canada to come back here," Archie adds. 

"I think she'll be excited to see you, Archie, maybe after you guys reminisce, we can meet up at Pops with Betty and Jug?" I offer. 

"Sure Mads, that honestly sounds lovely, but first I want to eat these delicious eggs you made!" Archie grins at me before diving back in.