Chapter 5

I sit in the diner with Kevin, Veronica, Jughead and Betty. Jughead is going off about the Drive in shutting down.

"The drive-in closing is just another nail in the coffin that is Riverdale; no scratch that, the nail in the coffin that is the American Dream." Jughead starts rambling and I completely zone out on him.

"Right Betts?" Jughead asks Betty.

"Totally." She responds sipping on her milkshake. We were sitting each on a side of him. Betty seemed just as distracted as I was. They started spitting out movie choices and Kevin asks Betty what her choice is.

"Uh Rebel Without a Cause." Betty says. I sigh and shake the straw around. I zone out thinking about how Jughead is still mad at me. 

"Madelynn?" Kevin asks me.

"What about One Direction; This is Us."  I say giggling. They all laugh at me and then Cheryl makes slight remarks about Mrs.Lodge and Ronnie gets up. I join her and walk over to Cheryl. Mrs.Lodge goes off on Cheryl and I smirk at Mrs.Lodge.  We go back over to the table and sit back down. 

"Now that's an odd combo of people." Kevin says. I turn around and see Grundy, Archie and Archie's dad. I see Betty get this look and she stands up.

"I'll be right back." Betty says leaving the table. Jughead reaches out.

"No Betty!" Jughead says as his crush walks away.She goes up to the Andrews and her and Archie go outside. Veronica follows. 

"What was it like before she got here;I honestly don't remember?" Kevin says.

"Well we weren't as close that's for sure and you spent all your time at Betty's." I answer smiling at him. He laughs and Jughead just leans in the booth eating his fries. I play with my milkshake straw and try to avoid jughead because we still aren't talking.  They all head out and then I go to head out when  I see Cheryl taking a picture of Hermonie Lodge talking to my Dad. Cheryl leaves and I groan going over to my dad. 

"Hi daddy." I say to him as I walk over. Hermione stares at me. Dad glares at me because he knows I interrupted the conversation.

"H-Hey Sweetie.. what are you doing here so late?" He asks. Hermoine uses this as her chance to escape.I watch her leave before turning back to face my dad.

"I finished eating with Jug and our friends. What are YOU doing here?" I say to him crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well young lady; your little friend Veronica's dad owes us serpents money and I was just here to collect it." He says to me glaring a bit. I nod and roll my eyes slightly.

"Oh.. well can I have a ride home please?Jug left to go sleep at the drive in." I say to him. He nods and goes to his bike; handing me my helmet. 

"Thank you dad." I say smiling as I sit on the back of the bike. Dad tells me to hold on and we drive all the way home. We stop at the Whyte Wyrm. 

"Why'd we stop here?" I ask dad. He looks at me as he gets off the bike; helping me off.

"I have to talk to TallBoy; I didn't think you'd mind; you used to love coming with me." He says. I smile and nod.

"I don't mind."I say. Dad smiles and we walk inside the bar. A lot of people stare at me.

"Hey boss; you've got the princess with you." Tall Boy says to Dad. I smile at Tall Boy. 

"Yeah; we were on the way home but I needed to talk with you." Dad says back to Tall Boy. Tall Boy nods. "You can stay down here; Toni is over there. The girl you met?" Dad says to me. I nod and smile at him before walking over to where Toni was working.