Chapter 7

I wake up to Reggie texting me saying he will be at the border at 8 so we can go to school together. Then I see a text from Cheryl saying to dress extra nice today because she wants all of us rivervixens to look nice. I sigh and look through my closet before settling on something that Cheryl will approve of. I smile when I see a green sweater that looks like the darker serpent green.

 I smile when I see a green sweater that looks like the darker serpent green

I pair the outfit with some black thigh high boots. I then put on some simple makeup and I put my hair in a half up half down curls. I put on my bracelet from Jason and then I put on a necklace. I grab my backpack and then I go into the kitchen. I see my dad sitting at the table with SweatPea. 

"Oh.. uh Hi Pea. Dad?" I say confused as to why Sweatpea is there.  They look at me and SweetPea grins.

"Hey Liberty." Pea says at the same time as Dad says "Good Morning Princess." 

"What are you doing here?" I ask smiling grabbing a bagel. He smirks and looks at dad.

"Serpent Business. What's got you dressed up so nice?" Dad asks me. I smile.

"Cheryl told us all to look really nice. I gotta get going; I need to be at the border so that Reggie can pick me up." I tell dad and SweetPea. Dad nods.

"Okay well SweetPea can you walk her? I don't want a ghoulie trying to take her out again; I had enough problems with Malachi." Dad says. I go to shake my head to protest but dad puts his finger up."I don't want to hear it Madelynn; now go. " Dad says. I nod and SweetPea stands up. He holds the door for me so we can go. We walk outside and start walking towards the boarder.

"So how old are you?" SweetPea asks as we walk. 

"I'm 15. Jughead is 16 and he always holds it over me." I say smiling as we walk.

"I'm 16 swell." Sweet Pea says. He looks at me. "So are you ever gonna join the serpents; Liberty?" He stops while asking.

"I don't know because my Dad doesn't want me to be in the Serpents. He doesn't want me to turn out like him or whatever. If he ever allowed it; I would. I love the serpents. Juggie isn't the same way though." I say to SweetPea before continuing to walk. 

"Your brother doesn't like us serpents?" SweetPea asks. 

I take a huge breath and sigh. "Well; most times when dad goes to the bar he gets hammered which drove our mom to leave... Juggie just really wants the family back together." I explain stuttering a bit.

"Are you more like a northsider or a Southsider?" SweetPea asks.

"I mean I like to think of myself as a Southsider stuck in a Northside world. My now boyfriend used to bully Jug and one day I punched him in the nose and kicked him the balls. I'm also a RiverVixen which was because my late friends sister is the Captain." I explain.

SweetPea nods. "Well I think it's pretty badass that you punched him and now you guys are dating." He says. 

I smile at him. "Yeah; Reggie's been pretty good so far; I haven't had to kick his ass since we've started dating. My dad did tell me to never fully trust a bulldog though." I say smirking at SweetPea.