Chapter 23

I wake up to someone shaking me awake. "Madelynn wake up. We need to talk." I hear a stern voice say. I see Fred standing over me looking upset.

"What's up, Uncle Fred?" I ask him confused. He looks at me upset.

"Get dressed. We need to talk before we go over to the Cooper house." He says sternly. "Betty brought clothes over for you." He puts clothes on the bed and then leaves looking upset.  I pick up the outfit consisting of a blue tank top, blue jeans and an ivory sweater with converses. I put it on and then leave my hair in a messy bun. 

I go downstairs and Fred has toast on a plate

I go downstairs and Fred has toast on a plate. I go and sit at the island and Fred lets out a sigh.

"So why did you lie to me Madelynn?" Fred says to me while handing me the toast. "You went to a party at the Five Seasons, got high and then threw up which led to Jughead grounding you and sending you to this side of town. " He says spitting out the truth. I sigh at Fred and look down.

"I didn't want you to be disappointed in me, Uncle Fred." I start out with tears threatening to spill. " I look at you as a second dad and I messed up by taking the Jingle Jangle and not listening to Betty Cooper." I finish with tears streaming down my face. He sighs.

"Madelynn I wanted you to stay away from all the Serpent life. Then you joined the Serpents." Fred says sighing. "Your dad didn't want this, I promised him that I would try to keep you away from it and Jughead too. You have a great life ahead of you, I didn't want you to make a decision that you'd regret later on." Fred says. "Now we have to go to the Coopers, Alice is hosting a meeting with all the kids involved. " Fred says sighing.

 I nod and we go over to the Cooper's and on the way Fred calls Archie. After we walk the whole tens steps over to the Cooper's, Alice opens the door and gives me a glare. I sigh and walk in behind Fred. Archie and Betty arrive a minute later and the rest of our "friend group" comes in minus Cheryl and Penelope Blossom.  I sit next to Archie on the couch and he squeezes my hand comfortingly. 

"Riverdale's best and brightest huh?" Alice says giving all of us kids in the room a big glare.

"Alice, Thank you for hosting." Mayor McCoy says to Alice.

"Of course, mayor McCoy," Alice says smiling at her. "When I heard what happened at Nick's party, I decided that we should come together to deal with this motley crew of liars, dope-fiends, and fornicators," Alice says spitting out rude insults at all of us. "Except for my betty who was smart enough to leave the party before it descended into a bacchanalian free for all," Alice says praising Betty. The rest of us basically roll our eyes. 

"Oh my god. " Betty whispers. "Mom please don't," Betty begs her mom, knowing why her mom hosted. 

"So," Fred says to Alice. "This is for clarity Alice, you are hosting this little get-together to what? Praise Betty?" Fred asks Alice at the same time as Veronica digs at Bety. Archie tells Ronnie to cut Betty some slack because she and Jughead broke up which makes Kevin ask why Betty didn't tell him.