Chapter 47

The shooting of Hiram Lodge was something that affected all of those in Riverdale along with Hiram's decisions before his downfall. Let's start with Archie Andrews, my godbrother. He was going down a dangerous path now that he and Veronica hit the wrong town called splitsville, he's been solving his issues with a bottle; something that will undoubtedly trouble him later. The fact that Reggie and Veronica had a rendezvous did not help at all, making his resentment for Reggie grow from everything that happened to him to "stealing" his girlfriend, he was about ready to spiral.  Archie was losing himself, decisions he made years ago were changing, anger was festering and he needed an outlet but in a town like Riverdale, outlets had limitations and set backs.

Veronica was not taking her father's hospitalization well at all. From breaking up with Archie after accusing him of attempted murder, to taking a beat from the speakeasy to help keep her father's illicit affairs afloat, asking Jughead to find out who shot the Man in Black. She was being pulled in different directions, with Reggie being the forefront of her ideal partner, someone she could scheme with, without worrying about things she worried about with Archie, like his heart and his moral compass. Dealing with mob life and her old adversaries were ready to swoop in like the ides of march.

Jughead was in his element, besides hiding a dead body and investigating the attempted murder of Hiram Lodge, he was also angry with me, his darling little sister. Finding something scandalous about your sister while investigating her murder board doesn't help a growing argument that had been stemming for weeks. Dad's new position as the Sheriff of Riverdale came at the best/yet worst time. Any other shooting or attempted murder would have the Serpents as suspect #1 but with Dad in office; he was investigating those in Riverdale who would actually do the crime, though the bar on who would want a shot at Hiram Lodge was pretty set, myself included. He was trying to hide what happened to TallBoy, with bodies dropping like flies in a town like Riverdale; everything had a way of connecting back to the original problem. 

Betty was on her own investigation, also visiting her father; something that two months ago would have scared her. The murder of Clifford Blossom was on her mind and with her rage for her father growing, she used it to her advantage, playing innocent daughter as she investigated the dark Blossom deaths. Having her instincts, she got led to Penelope Blossom, someone who at one point in a twisted way, acted as my mother, someone who could never do me harm. Investigating a murderess was hard, especially one in mourning along with going to her cousin Cheryl Blossom for some form of truth. 

I however had a lot going on, from running the speakeasy during Veronica's time of mourning, helping hide a dead body and being on standby for not one, not two but three investigations; I was having issues with being tailed and followed by the Gargoyle Gang , someone wanted me involved in that twisted game, for why I was not ready to find out. 

"I consider you four inner circle," Veronica starts glancing at Reggie, Smithers, and me as we meet in her speakeasy.  SweetPea raised an eyebrow from his place behind me. "Smithers my former doorman, Reggie my jacked jack of all trades, and Maddie, my best friend, business partner, and only person my father appears to be scared of." She smirks at me s Reggie and Smithers share a look. "Of course Sweet Pea you are a newer addition but your the muscle, the brawn, the brother I always wanted," She grins causing him to smile back. 

"Love you Ronnie, are we here because of what happened Earlier?" I question her with a small frown, referring to her firing her dad's only capos. 

"Yes, Our enemies are sensing weakness and we need to show strength," Veronica starts off.