Chapter 30

(So I was rewatching season 2 episode 15 so I could figure out how to write Madelynn in it and since she's not a major detective like Jughead and she's not going to be with Fred and Archie at the lodges, I'm just going to skip the episode and go right to the next one. I figured I could write Madelynn into episode 16)

I wake up to Jughead shaking me awake and I groan getting up. He shows me the story printed revealing that Veronica's mom is running for mayor making me groan because I know Uncle Fred is running. I get out of bed and start looking for clothes, shoving Jughead out of my room. I put on a white long sleeve crop top, a plaid skirt with a belt. I put a choker on. I put my hair into two Dutch braids with hair falling out and natural makeup. I put on my serpent jacket, grabbing my bag.

 I put on my serpent jacket, grabbing my bag

I walk out into the living room. I see my father and Jughead sitting eating breakfast. I smile at them, grabbing a cup of coffee.

"So are we officially done talking to Veronica?" I ask Jughead making him look up and nod. "Good, she's been on my nerves lately." I say sitting down eating with my family.

"Join the club. Betty doesn't see it either; it's frustrating." Jughead says annoyed. I pat his back. "What did Veronica do to piss you off?" Jug asks making dad look up.

"The whole 'couples only' weekend was pretty upsetting. I thought that Veronica was all about being nice to everyone but she's still the same bitchy mean girl she was the night she kissed Archie in front of Betty. She was really mean to Cheryl." I say ranting while air quoting couple's only, Jughead nods. "Her family is also literally buying all of Riverdale." I say annoyed.

"You're right about that; especially since her dad bought Pops which is what really saved your fundraiser." Dad says making me look up angrily.

"What?" I ask standing up. Jug looks at dad. "Her father bought Pops after I put in all the hard work to save it for Pop Tate who DESERVES to keep his business?" I ask angrily. Jug nods.

"Maddie, it's okay. I'm nailing Lodge." Jughead says to comfort me.I nod smiling.

"Good. I'm in." I say to Jughead. "Whatever you need me to do, let me know." I say brainstorming in my head. "Lets go to school." I say grabbing my backpack. He nods and I kiss dads cheek. "Bye dad, love y!" I say going out to my motorcycle. Jughead follows and gets on his. We get on our bikes and race to school.  We get there, me arriving a second before Jughead. We park next to each other.

"I so won." Jughead says shoving me playfully. I laugh at him.

"In your dreams burger boy." I say to him making him laugh. "So what's your plans for Lodge?" I ask. He smirks and pulls me close to him.

"Hunger strike in front of Southside high; the serpents are gonna chain ourselves to the school; are you in?" Jug asks. I nod smiling. We continue walking toward school, stopping at Betty's parked car.