Chapter 26

I wake up realizing that this is the first day back from winter break and that I'm going back to Riverdale High. I text Betty and ask if she can take me to school and she texts back saying yes and that she'll be here at 8 am. I look at the clock and see that it's 7. I run over to the bathroom and hop in the shower before Jughead wakes up. I get out of the shower and put my hair in a ponytail with pieces left out in the front. I put on normal everyday makeup with a nude lip.

I put my bathrobe on and walk back into my room and then look for an outfit to make a statement that I'm back at Riverdale High

I put my bathrobe on and walk back into my room and then look for an outfit to make a statement that I'm back at Riverdale High. I find a cream sweater with a turtle neck, a brown plaid skirt, knee-high socks with three white stripes and a pair of black ankle booties. 

I grab my new backpack from my dad and I look at my serpent jacket

I grab my new backpack from my dad and I look at my serpent jacket. I hear footsteps behind me. 

"Wear it. Take a little piece of the southside back with you." I hear my dad say from behind me. I turn around and smile at him. I put my jacket on and my dad and I go into the kitchen. I get a bowl of cereal with a banana and a cup of coffee. I eat breakfast with my dad and then he goes to wake Jughead up. I hear a horn outside and yell goodbye to my family as I go out to Betty's car. I see Betty sitting in her car with Kev in the passenger seat. I squeal excitedly and get in the backseat. 

"Morning!" I say excitedly as Betty puts the car in drive. "You guys, I'm so happy to be back!" I say to the two of them. Kevin turns around and gives me a big grin.

"I'm excited for my favorite baddie to be back at Riverdale High, I mean look at that cute outfit!" Kevin says looking over my outfit.

"Yeah, I'm excited for you to come back, especially since you're coming back to the blue and gold right?" Betty asks looking at me through the rearview. I smile and nod. We all chat and sing along to the radio then Betty looks at the two of us. "Do you guys want to get some coffee before we get to school, we have about fifteen minutes before we need to be there?" She asks the two of us. 

"Yeah, sure! Let's go to Starbucks." Kevin suggests. I nod in agreement and Betty pulls into the drive-through. She orders the three of us cold brew blonde expressos with an extra shot of espresso. I smile and thank her. She then drives to school. We get out and we walk into a school where Veronica was waiting at the entrance. 

"My bestie is back!" Veronica says running to give me a hug. I smile at her and hug her back. I see Archie behind her, walking towards us. Archie smiles at me and then gives me a hug. "So Cheryl's already accepted you as part of the Vixens again so don't forget practice after school!" Veronica says excitedly. I laugh and then we all walk into school together. We go to sit in the lounge because we all have a sophmore block period together. I sit next to Kevin, cuddled up with my bestie as we all gossip then we hear the PA system chime in and Principal Weatherbe announces that Southside High is closing and that people from Southside will be joining our school.

"Wow I guess I chose a good day to move back!" I joke making everyone in our friend group laugh as all the other students freak out. "Okay let's not overreact guys." I say getting up.

"Yeah, let's welcome these students with open arms," Veronica says rather perky than her usual interactions with the serpents and Southsiders. Kevin looks over at Betty.

"This means Jugs coming back. Are you ready for that?" Kevin asks Betty. Betty nods smiling.

"Yeah, Mads what about you? With Sweetpea and everything?" Betty asks me. Everyone looks at me.

"I don't care about him anymore. I'm honestly looking to move on. I can't deal with his drama about me or the that we're both living but apparently I can't be apart of." I say to them. Betty and Veronica give me sympathetic smiles along with Kevin but Archie looks upset. 

"I'll kick his ass if you want." Archie says smiling at me. I shake my head.

"Thank you big brosif but Sweatpea would bring a knife to a fist fight if it meant him having the advantage." I say rolling my eyes. I see Reggie coming into the lounge and he gives me a smile. I smile back and Veronica catches me. She looks at me and pulls me up and we go into the hall.

"What was that?" Veronica asks me. I shrug. "I just saw you smile at the boy who broke your heart the first time around. " She says sounding concerned.

"Well, I can't help but wonder if I had made a mistake by breaking up with him. We could've moved past the cheating." I say sighing. Veronica looks at me and she knows that I'm up to something. 

"Dont even think about it! He treated you like garbage." Veronica says. 

"Ronnie, maybe I made a mistake dating SweetPea." I say before walking back into the lounge.I grab my bag and grab Reggie by the hand and pull him into the Janitors closet. 

"Whats up Jones?" He asks leaning against the wall. 

"Remember when we.. dated?" I ask him. He nods. 

" Yeah.. why?" He says curiously. he looks at my face and moves closer. "Have you been thinking about us?" He asks. I sigh and nod. "I've been thinking about you too Mads." He says smiling at me. I look away but his smile lures me back in. 

"I've been wondering what would've happened if I had stayed with you and never dated SweetPea. You always tried to make me a model citizen." I say smiling at him. He nods. 

"Madelynn, will you be my girlfriend again?" He asks me. I look at him shocked and go to answer 

"

(A/N: bet you didn't see this coming... cliffhanger for now! Comment down below what you think madelynn's answer is and who you ship her with.)