Chapter 36

Madelyn's P.O.V~

I wake up to people talking. I groan and hear multiple people saying my name. I open my eyes and see Jughead and my father.

"Daddy? Juggy?" I say hoarsely. They look at me and Dad grabs me some water while Jughead is sitting in a hospital bed next to me, staring concerned."What happened after Penny and the Ghoulie's surrounded us?" I ask confused. Dad hands me water and I take a sip. "Thank you," I say quietly.

"Basically after you and Jughead selflessly risked your lives to save the serpents, the rest of us tried to stop the Ghoulies but there were just too many of them,"Dad says making me look shocked.

"I had an agreement with Hiram Lodge though.." I say quietly trailing off.

"So did I, but he double-crossed us, and wanted us dead. Thank god you aren't, they thought you might die." Jughead says worried, grabbing my hand. "Dad, can you get her doctor?" Jughead asks. Dad nods and kisses my head before leaving the room. 

"What else did I miss?" I ask Jughead. He sighs.

"Betty's dad is the BlackHood, he admitted that you weren't supposed to get hurt, and that's why you weren't murdered." Jughead says making me look at him shocked."Also, Veronica is helping the Andrews run for Mayor and everyone was concerned about if you would be Class President or not." Jughead says.

"I still am," I say firmly. Jug goes to object but I cut him off. "No, I didn't almost die just to give up. Misogyny dies hard and I need to do this." I say. Jug sighs and goes to say something but the doctor comes in with Dad.

"Hello, Madelynn." Doctor Platel says to me. I smile at him. "How are you feeling?" Doctor Platel asks.

"I feel fine. Doctor Platel, I'm ready to go home." I say getting ready to get out of bed.

"You can leave tomorrow with your brother. You should just rest tonight, and we need to change the bandages on your cuts." Doctor Platel says. I look at him confused.

"What cuts?" I ask. He sighs.

"You have a huge cut on your thigh, the skin was removed. We fixed it up and the stitches are almost fully healed, your face had a cut on it that didn't need stitches but we put on a bandage, you're gonna be fine." He assures me. "The only other injuries that you sustained are broken ribs that have been taken care of and some other bruising." He says. I nod to show that I understand. He talks with Dad for a couple of minutes and then he leaves.

"Are you feeling up to company?" Dad asks me. I nod. "Alright, you've got some friends here for you." Dad says, going to get people. A couple of minutes later, Betty, Veronica, Archie, and SweetPea walk in. SweetPea perks up when he sees me wide awake. He runs over to my side and kisses my forehead softly.

"Mads, you're okay." he says smiling at me. I smile back and he leans down planting a gentle kiss on my lips. "Don't ever do that again!" He scolds me. I giggle at him.

"I promise." I say as he kisses me again. He backs up so that Betty,Archie and Veronica can hug me. Archie goes last and he kisses my forehead. After they hug me, SweetPea goes to walk away and sit in a chair but I motion for him to come over here. "Come here lover boy." I say with a small smile. He chuckles and sits next to me, gently holding me.

"Well both be out of here first thing tomorrow." Jug says about both of us making our friends look relieved. SweetPea squeezes my hand and kisses my head.

"That's good, Jug." Archie says making me smile. "Because we still need your brain,both of you." Archie says glancing at me. "There's another mystery to solve. "Mr.Cooper was at the town hall when some other Black Hood took shots at the candidates.And he was at home with Betty and Mrs.Cooper when another Black Hood, probably the same as the one at the town hall, came after me and my dad." Archie finishes.