Chapter 12

I am downstairs with Fred working on homework and we can hear the boys playing video games all the way downstairs. 

"They're sure okay with this whole arrangement." Fred says to me handing me a cup of hot chocolate. I look up from my chemistry book and smile at him; taking the hot chocolate.

"Yeah; I'm okay with it too. It's been nice to be around people that ask about my day and stuff; thank you for the hot chocolate." I say smiling at Fred. Fred smiles back at me.

"What was it like living with your dad without Jug ,JellyBean or your mom?" Fred asks me. He looks at my facial expression. "If you don't mind me asking." He adds.

"No, its fine Mr.Andrews; it was okay. Dad wasn't making money that much so PopTate gave me food on the house and jughead would sneak some of his paycheck from the Drive-In into my wallet. Dad would always make sure I was okay but it was lonely and sad when he would come home buzzed." I say to Fred. He nods slowly.

"Do you miss living with him?" Fred asks. I smile.

"Yes and no. I miss seeing him all the time but I know that this is better for him so he can get better without worrying about me. " I explain. Fred nods and smiles at me.

"Let's go tell those boys that its late; something tells me if we don't say something that they will just stay up all night and not let you sleep." Fred says to me. We both laugh and I pick up my books before we head upstairs.  Fred knocks on the door before opening it. 

"Hey guys; getting pretty late." Fred says as he opens the door. I step in from behind him.

"And woah it smells ripe in here; crack open a window!" I say covering my nose. Fred looks at me and laughs. 

"I got it." Archie says smiling at me before going to open the window. Fred turns his attention to Juggie.

"Settling in Jug?" Fred asks Jug. Jug smiles.

"Oh yeah its like Archie,Madelynn and I are roommates in a college dorm." He says smirking at me and Fred.

"Great what does that make me; the RA?" Fred asks as I walk past him and put my backpack on the floor.

"No; your like the fourth roommate." I add as I jump on the bed next to Juggie. Juggie wraps his arms around me and kisses my head. We all laugh and then Archie, Fred and Jug talk about the SoDale project while I zone out. 

"Night guys." I hear Fred say. I look up and see him looking at all of us.

"Night Dad." Archie says as his dad closes the door.

"Night Mr.Andrews." Jug and I say at the same time.  The door shuts and I push jughead off the bed on to the floor. 

"Hey!" Jug says to me. Archie and I laugh. I smile at them and then my phone goes off with a text. "Who is it?" Jug says going to look over at my screen. 

"No one." I say locking my phone; it's just Betty asking about Blue and Gold pictures." I lie quickly. The boys both nod and get ready for bed. Archie shuts the light off and I get under the covers of the bed. I then unlock my phone seeing the message from SweetPea. I start texting back and forth with him; god I miss him.

 I start texting back and forth with him; god I miss him