Chapter 11

I wake up the next day to Jughead shaking me awake. "Mads." I hear him say. I turn over and look at him; I swat him away. 

"What?" I say while yawning. I groan in pain from last nights events. He sighs and pulls the covers off of me. He picks me up and carries me to the living room. He sets me on the couch and dad walks in from the kitchen. He sighs when he sees me. 

"Alright Jug thanks for getting her out of bed; go get ready for school." Dad instructs. Juggie nods and leaves us. Dad sits next to me.

"How do you feel?" He asks me. I sigh and sit back in the couch pulling my knees up to my chest.

"Like absolute crap." I say. Dad chuckles. 

"Yeah; but you are as tough as nails kid. SweetPea told me that you kicked Malachi in the balls so you could get set free. He knew that you trusted the serpents enough to trust that they would have your back." Dad says to me. I nod.

"Dad, I'm really sorry that I didn't use Reggie's phone to call the bar." I start to say. Dad tries to shush me but I stop him. "No dad; I also should've just met up with you and Jughead knowing you were at the Andrew's house." I say finish my apology.

"Princess; it's okay. You didn't know that he would come after you. Now I just hope you will be more careful." Dad says looking at me. I nod at him.

"I will dad;I promise." I say looking in his eyes. He nods. 

"I'm having SweetPea come over to watch you." Dad says as he stands up from the couch. 

"What? Why not like Toni or even Alice Cooper!" I say standing up quickly. Dad gently pushes me back onto the couch.

"SweetPea cares about you; he's trying to be a good friend and this way if he's here; he's not killing Malachi at school." Dad says. I nod. "Also don't mention Alice." Dad adds. I nod again and cross my arms. My dad gives me a look and then Jughead walks back through.

"I'm heading out." Jughead says to us. We both nod and smile at him. Jug comes over and kisses my head. "I know dad is having someone come over to watch you but if you need anything sis; I will be over here faster than you can say RiverVixen." Jug says to me. I nod and smile.

"Thank you Jughead; but you don't have to worry about me. " I say to Jug. He chuckles and messes with my hair before hugging dad goodbye. He leaves the house and Dad goes back into the kitchen. I run to my room and grab my phone and then sit back down on the couch. I go scrolling through instagram when I get a text message from Kevin. I open it and look at it confused.

I send a reply out and wait for him to answer me; I wonder what its about