Chapter 44

Madelyn's P.O.V~

"SweetPea I know that I have things I need to do here but I need to see Jug and Archie!" I argue with my boyfriend. We've been going back and forth for the past half hour since I got a call from Archie; basically telling me where he was going. 

"You could get hurt!" SweetPea protests, pulling me closer. "Hiram is still after you and Betty's still missing!" He points out. 

"This is why I have to go! Besides; I overheard Mrs.Lodge talking when she stopped into Pops, I need to get out of town for a couple of days." I admit, shouting back at him. He gives me a small glare that causes me to back up slightly, I wasn't scared of my boyfriend but his anger made me know that he was severely worried. 

"Where are they even going and what is the true reason that you want to go up to your brother?" SweetPea demands, giving me a knowing look. I sigh, giving him a small frown as he gives me an expectant look after I don't speak up. 

"They're going to visit Gladys alright?" I admit in defeat, giving him a small frown. "Archie told me he was eating small candy and listening to Gladys Knight," I reveal the hint to him causing him to give her a small sigh. 

"You hate your mom," SweetPea frowns; glaring at the ground. He'd never met the former Serpent Queen and head of the Toledo Serpents but he heard the stories; especially from Madelynn and Jughead. 

"I need to see JellyBean and check on Jughead; please SweetPea doesn't argue with me." I frown, giving him a pleading look that starts to break his colder exterior. After a couple of minutes of me giving him the puppy dog eyes, and he sighs. 

"Fine but I'm going with you;" SweetPea demands and I shake my head in disagreement. "No, this is the negotiation; you know I think you are a strong independent woman but this is a bike trip where Hiram's goons could come after you at a moment's notice; you're a major player in his game; he'll want you back." SweetPea points out. "So if you want to go to Toledo, I am going with you; and you will listen to me, understood?" SweetPea questions, an eyebrow daring me to disagree. 

"Fine, we'll leave tonight after school; we'll get to Toledo by morning which means Jug and Arch will have just arrived." I agree, not wanting to argue with him. I grab my backpack and his with a small smile. 

"So school?" I question him. 

"Well, maybe you should get dressed." SweetPea motions down my body causing me to blush as I realize I didn't change out of my PJs when Archie's call woke me up. I drop our bags and run into my bedroom; ignoring his laughter as I look around for clothes; seeing the time. "I'll make you some toast and coffee!" He yells. I smile briefly, quickly applying my makeup and smudging my eyeliner slightly. "Don't forget you need your uniform since there's supposed to be a game today and prep for the pep rally!" SweetPea reminds me from his place in the kitchen. I curse slightly, pulling on my uniform without the white undershirt. I slip on my socks and tennis shoes; pulling my hair into a ponytail with my yellow hair bow. 

"Thank you!" I greet SweetPea as he hands me my toast and coffee. I eat with him quickly before we get up, grabbing our bags to go to school; he throws his jacket over my shoulders as we get to the bike.