Chapter 18

I wake up to my phone ringing early in the morning. It's a call from Betty. 

(B: Betty, M: Madelynn)

B: Madelynn you need to get down to the hospital right now!

M: Why? What's going on Betty?

B: Fred Andrews was shot! Get here quick; Jughead is on the way.

M: I'll be there in 20! I'm on the southside.

B: See you! Hurry! 

Betty hangs up and I spring out of bed. I go over and start digging for clothes. I find an outfit and throw it on quickly. I put on a t-shirt, black jeans, socks and white sneakers with a jean flannel thing and my serpent jacket. I pack a pair of heel boots in my backpack just in case along with extra pants and another shirt. I grab my backpack and spray myself with perfume.

 I grab my backpack and spray myself with perfume

"Where are you going?" Pea asks me groggily. He sits up slightly and puts his hand on his face looking at me.

"I am going to the hospital, my dad's best friend was shot." I say to him tearing up. He nods and I go over and peck his lips. "I love you and I'll see you later." I whisper to him as he lays back down. He smiles and kisses me quickly. I run out the door to my trailer and grab dad's bike.

 I get on it and drive to the hospital. I get to the hospital and run inside. I see the Coopers and my brother walking and Betty grabs my hand. Mrs.Lodge and Veronica join us and we run over to Archie. I hug Archie and he hugs me back. He kisses my head and I rub his back. Veronica goes to hug him.  Mrs.Cooper goes to the desk with Mrs.Lodge to find out how Fred is. We all sit down around Archie. Veronica is sitting next to Archie holding his hand. Betty and I sit on either side of Juggie; he has his arm around my shoulders and he's holding her hand. Archie starts telling us what happened in Pops. He and Jug talk about him being a hero.

"There isn't any new information." Mrs.Cooper says coming over with Hal and Hermione. "He's gonna be there for awhile." She adds. I look at Jughead and he pats my shoulder.

"Archie." Hermonie says squatting down by Archie. "Have you spoken about any of this with your mother?" She asks Archie. Archie looks at her and shakes his head. 

"No." He answers. "I uh haven't called her yet." He says grabbing his phone. He stands up slowly. "I'll be right back." He says leaving the area to go call his mom. I sigh.  Alice starts giving looks to Jughead and I. 

"Mom; do not start this right now." Betty says shaking her head at her mother. I look at Betty confused. 

"What is going on?" I whisper to Jughead. He looks at me and shakes his head.

"Start what?"He asks Alice. Alice looks baffled.

"Well, of course, I can't help but wonder if your Southside associates had anything to do with what happened to Fred." Alice blurts out trying to blame the Serpents for other issues that are wrong in this godforsaken town.