Chapter 25

Recap From the last chapter:I walk out of the building and take my bike from the back of dads bike and ride off away towards Greendale not bothering to tell anyone where I went.

About 3 hours have gone by since I rode my bike off towards Greendale, the drive helped me calm down after I saw Betty do the only thing that I asked her not to do. I stop at a diner that reminds me of Pops in Greendale and I grab a quick bite to eat, after that, I head out to go back home because I know that someone is going to be worried. I start driving back to town and I see Dad and Jughead on their bikes. They notice me and immediately motion for me to pull over; which I do. 

"Where the hell did you run off to young lady?" Dad asks getting off his bike and walking over to mine. I sigh and get off my bike, putting the stand down.

"After Betty did the serpent dance, after I asked her not to do it. I got angry and took a drive towards Greendale, got food and now I'm back. " I explain to my dad. He sighs.

"You can't just go off like that Madelynn Liberty Jones; you're going to get yourself killed one of these days." Dad says starting to lecture me."There's a killer on the loose and you just drive off?" Dad asks rhetorically. Jughead stays silent just staring at me. "Once we get home, your bike is being taken away until you earn it back." Dad says. I start to argue but dad puts his hand out to stop me. "Let's go home now."Dad says turning around to get on his bike. I nod silently and get on my bike following my dad and brother home. We get to the house and I hand over the keys to my bike and dad puts them in his pocket. I see SweetPea on the porch just staring at me. 

"Someone else was really worried about you tonight Mads." Jug says passing me, patting my shoulder. I sigh and walk up to SweetPea as my dad goes inside with Jughead following.

"Madelynn I can't believe you would just drive off like that, without even telling anyone where you were going!" SweetPea exclaims. I look at him and sigh. "You're so reckless sometimes, and you don't think about the consequences! What if the black hood had found you Madelynn? What if he had killed you or brutally injured you?" SweetPea asks rhetorically. I sigh and roll my eyes thinking about how I just had this conversation with my father. 

"SweetPea, I just needed to take a break, Betty frustrated me after not listening to me about joining the serpents and doing that stupid dance. I'm mad at Toni for teaching her that stupid dance and I'm mad that my dad didn't stop her from doing it. Alice trusts me to look after Betty even though she's older than me. I have pressure on me from both sides of town!" I start ranting. 

"Madelynn I don't care if Betty slept with another serpent, you don't drive off like that! You're always being irrational and not thinking clearly about any situation you are in!" SweetPea says lecturing me. "You do this all the time. When we first met you would walk across borders without protection and you didn't think of the consequences until something happened!" SweetPea starts diving into this conversation. "You took Jingle Jangle and could've died from it, which also put a target on the serpents leading to all of us getting arrested." SweetPea states. I gasp at him.

"I just didn't want Archie to do the drug alone. I was trying to protect him." I say defending myself.

"If you really wanted to defend him you would've stayed sober so that he had someone to take care of him. " Pea says. "You led a charge to Andrews house getting yourself arrested for a rumble that you shouldn't have been at. You shouldn't have street raced and you've just been in so much trouble lately!" Pea says. 

"You're not my dad Pea you don't have to tell me every single thing I do wrong in my damn life!" I say raising my voice at him.

"I can't watch you do this to yourself. You get yourself into trouble and don't think before you do things.You're reckless and that's coming from me Madelynn. I'm done." Sweet Pea says looking at me in my eyes. I look at him shocked.