Chapter 35

(Her Outfit)

(Her Outfit)

I walk down the hall with Jughead, we had just gotten to school and Fangs wanted to meet up with us. We decide to try and find him in the student lounge but as we are going in, we were pulled into the hallway by the lockers. I see Toni looking up at us confused.

"Jug, did you see it? Mads?" Toni asks running up to her phone.

"See what?" Jug and I ask at the same time, we glare at each other than look at her.

"Fangs was dating Midge and didn't tell Sheriff Keller," Toni says showing us a video that was taken on Jug's camcorder.

"Where did you get that video?" Jughead asks angrily.

"It was posted on The Register's website, somebody leaked it." Toni says making us look at each other.

"It makes Fangs look guilty as sin!" I say panicked. Then there's an announcement that Fangs is needed in the office. "Where is he?" I ask Toni who has wide eyes.

"I don't know." She says. I walk ahead looking for him.

"We have to find him before the Dark Circle does." Jug says. I see Fangs and I run and jump on his back.

"What the hell? That videos everywhere!" He asks shaking me off. "How did it get out?" He asks Jug as him and Toni come up. 

"I don't know, we have to get you out of here alright?" Jug says trying to sneak him upstairs but Reggie and the rest of the Bulldogs come down. Alot of people start talking at once and I see Sheriff Minetta coming toward Fangs with a couple of other police officers. 

"We need you to come with us." Sheriff Minetta says to Fangs. I go to protect Fangs but the police officer holds me back. Fangs keeps saying he didn't do it and they push him up against the wall and his switchblade comes out. "Oh joy," Minetta says picking it up. Without thinking, I push past everyone to Sheriff Minetta.

"WAIT!" I say making everyone look at me. "That's mine, Fangs had it for a second because I had to get something out of my jacket," I say to Sheriff Minetta.

"Okay, we'll take you too," Minetta says. An officer cuffs me and Jug screams for them to give me back. They take Fangs and I in a police car to the station and take all of our belongings except our clothing, then they uncuff us and put us in a cell. "You guys will have phone calls in a couple of minutes." Minetta spits at us. He leaves and I look at Fangs who gives me a look.

"What did I do wrong?" I sigh sitting on the bench next to him. 

"You took the blame for something you didn't do, getting you put in here with me. SweetPea is going to kill us. Especially me. Madelynn, I didn't do anything wrong, but you shouldn't have gotten dragged up in this." Fangs says frustrated. 

"Fangs-" I go to say but get cut off by our cell door opening.I see Sheriff Minetta.

"Jones, phonecall time." He says. I nod and give Fangs an apologetic glance as I go to the phone.I call dad.