Chapter 9

I wake up to the sun shining on my face. I get up and see a text from Kevin asking me if I would sing in the Variety show. I groan and roll out of bed. I pull out a peterpan collared plaid romper and I put it on with black heels. I put my hair up in a semi-neat ponytail with light makeup.

 I put my hair up in a semi-neat ponytail with light makeup

I grab my backpack and I see Cheryl outside my house

I grab my backpack and I see Cheryl outside my house. I run outside.

"Cheryl! What are you doing on the Southside??" I question her going up to her.

"I came to pick you up for school! " She says happily. I smile but then I look at her. 

"Cheryl; you could've gotten killed!" I say to her. She laughs. 

"Oh trust me; no one will touch me." She says. I nod and get inside. She drives out of the Southside back into the Northside; towards the school.  "So are you going to audition for the variety show?" Cheryl asks me. 

"No." I say back as we park. 

"Why? You have an incredible voice Madelynn!!" Cheryl says to me. We walk inside continuing to talk about the Variety Show. We hear Kevin come back behind us. 

"Sooo the variety show; you're doing it right?" Kevin says to me. I look at him and shake my head. "Please.. we all know how amazing your voice is! Please!!" Kevin begs. He pulls his puppy dog face. 

"No Kevin." I say walking faster. Kevin comes up next to me and stops me. 

"Please!!! I'm having so much trouble getting people to sign up!  Just audition! No commitment yet!!" Kevin pleads trying to convince me. I sigh knowing he isn't going to let up because he's Kevin and this is important to him.

"Fine." I say. He looks at me all happy. "I'm auditioning.If I don't want to do any more than that; then I'm not." I say to him. He nods quickly and hugs me; picking me up.

"Thank You! You won't regret it!!" He says twirling me around. I laugh and he puts me down. I see Reggie at the end of the hallway. 

"Alright there's Reggie. I'll see you at Audition's Kevin and practice Cheryl." I say leaving my two crazy friends.