A Kind Opportunity

I tried...... I really tried drawing- Liz

Y/n's heart rate was currently beating 100 beats per second.

"Did I get so caught up in this Knight of Favonius stuff that I totally forgot the fact the Lord Barbatos may still be in Monstadt?!"

"Hmph, Finally took you long enough."

"You knew the whole time!?"

"Idiot."

"Heh-heh one must be going." Venti said cheekily. "Hey! Where're you running off to?!" "To the city of Monstadt's Hero. Bye-bye~" Venti replied.

"Could it be that he doesn't recognise me?"

With that, Venti ran off and disappeared into the night. "Huh... What do you guys made of that.... Eh? Where did Y/n go?"

Y/n was running, to where? She doesn't know either. She just want to get away from Venti and avoid him as much as possible. She eventually hid behind a house to calm down. She lead on the wall trying to grasp the fact that she was so close to being sealed again for eternity. But then again. "Maybe being sealed again may not be a bad thing." Y/n slowly let herself fall to the ground and curl up into a ball.
"I only cause trouble after all."

"Boo!" Suddenly, a voice pierced though her sullen thoughts and also giving her a fright at the process. She looked up to see Venti or should I say Lord Barbatos crouching down next to her. Y/n felt her soul left her body, she tried to pretend to not look like she know his true identity but no matter how hard she tried, she cannot cover up her nervousness.

Venti noticed how anxious she was and tried to reassured her. "Heh-heh, relax I'm not going to do anything."
Y/n was still skeptical but decided to put that aside for now. "Hello, Lor- I mean Venti."

"Wow... That was smooth."

"Seems like you already know who I am. How convenient." Y/n expected him to continue talking but was met with silence. Feeling awkward, Y/n took the initiative to ask him a question. So in a sullen tone, Y/n question him. "So aren't you going to tell the other archons, that I am here....you know to defeat me." Venti took a moment before answering. "I could do that... But I won't!" Y/n turn her neck record breaking speed and looked at him like he was crazy. "What?! B-but why? You know what I am. You know the destruction I can inflict on Monstadt. Remember the war I caused and the damage I did!"

Venti simply smiled and looked up to the sky. "I'm well aware of the decision that I am making. I just want to give you a chance, so basically I'm giving you permission to stay in Monstadt and have a taste of freedom.
Also let's put the past behind us alright? It was not your doing."

Venti turn to look at Y/n" I know your not evil. After all, I did see everything you did for Monstadt so far. The wind tells me everything. "

Y/n felt conflicted, on one hand she was grateful for Venti giving her a chance at being free but on the other hand she was scared. Scared that she would lose control. Scared that she will repeat history again."Oh! And I trust that you will not lose control and destroy Monstadt, can I trust you on that?" Venti added.

Even though Y/n was unsure, she still wanted to prove her thoughts wrong and begrudgingly agreed. "Yes... Yes, you can." But, of course, Blair had to ruin the moment with her opinion. "How foolish, his kindness will be the death of him one day. Letting a monstrous being within his city. He should know that we will only cause destruction. Even I have more common sense." Venti could see Y/n expression visibly darkened. "Is 'she' perhaps talking to you?" To how he was able to guess it was Blair, was a mystery.