Shogun's Escorts

"I...I volunteer to leave Mondstadt and never set a foot back in here ever again."

No one said a word after that, slience like this would usually be extremely awkward for her but this time she couldn't care less.

If Albedo were to be dragged into this, she wouldn't forgive herself. He has so much more at stake, he would lose everything if he was accused of being her accomplice.

Y/n could only imagine the betrayed look on Albedo's face was making. Guilt ran throughout her body, this was not the farewell she wanted.

...

Monstadters stood at gates, as Y/n walked by. Apparently, the news has spread all over Mondstadt. she could hear them whispering about her, they were loud. Some were more angerier than others, throwing things at her and shouting stuff that she didn't bother hearing.

Thankfully, she was accompanied by the Knights to prevent any unwanted interference from the crowd. This was all too familiar, treated like an outcast, it happened before she was not new to this. But yet, why does it still hurt?

"N/n!" Albedo called out to her among the crowd of people.

She didn't stop, too guilty to face him right now. As she walked towards the gate, people moved out of the way, her head hung low as she made her way out of the gate.

But although it has been a short while staying in Mondstadt, it's more than she could ask for. The crowd watch has she walked further and further from their view.

"Excuse me, excuse me please. Please move-" An urgent Alchemist tried to push through the crowd.

The crowd began to disperse due to the Knight's persuasion, allowing Albedo to squeeze through, despite the their orders.

She still won't stop walking, in fact she began to walk even faster. Albedo clenched his teeth in frustration, was all those promises just a bunch of lies?

"N/n, please stop why did you do that...?"Albedo grabbed her wrist, still managing to controlling his emotions. 

" Albedo, my time is up. Surely you understand why I need to do this. " Y/n spoke calmly, not putting up a fight like Albedo thought she would.

" What? "

" The shogun's army will be here soon, there's not much time left, flee now. I promise to come back alive." She smiled, but it doesn't seem to meet her eyes.

" Then let's inform the Knights of Favonius, may be they could help-"

"No need Albedo, I started this war, and I shall end it. I have to face it alone." Y/n said bitterly.

"It's not fair, you shouldn't be the one to atone for 'her' sins."

"You're saying as if I wasn't in the wrong as well."she chuckled.

" No you're-*sigh* Then at least let me go with you. " Albedo bargain.

Now it was Y/n's turn to be exasperated.

" Bedo you did so much for me, you are the reason why I won't go down without a fight. You are the reason why I'm fighting for. So just let me do this alone, I can't let you get into the crossfire... Or else I won't have the motivation to fight anymore." Y/n said, resting her forehead against his.

Albedo falls slience but not for long.

"But you promised that you wouldn't leave me again. What happened to that? "Albedo somberly continued.

"Sometimes promises are meant to be broken. I'm sorry I couldn't keep true to my word, but what I'm doing is necessary."

"We could have worked something out, things would have came out differently. Things wouldn't have ended up this way. You could have been proven innocent, but now that chance is gone."