A Spark Of Chemistry

Albedo looked down at his experiment and quickly put a large blanket over it.

"Why is Y/n here?!"

"Shouldn't it be Sucrose?"

Albedo picked his notebook and made it look like he was occupied with something. Suddenly, Albedo felt a tap on his shoulder, and to his surprise Y/n was behind him.

"Did she teleport behind me?"

Y/n lift up her hand and handed Albedo the book. No words were exchange during the whole interaction. Albedo expected Y/n to just leave after handling him the book, but instead she started looking around his DragonSpine Laboratory.

For some reason, Y/n felt an evil presence similar to Blair. But when she looked around she didn't see anything. While looking around, Y/n spotted bottles in strange shapes and sizes containing odd liquids and particles. Something the Y/n never seen before. "Don't you want to head back to Mondstadt?" Albedo questioned. Y/n  turned to face Albedo and hastily apologise. "Ah right, sorry for disturbing you-"

"But now that I think about it, I'm not so sure if I want to go back. Passing through a sea of people just to get back and interacting with them?! I'd rather not."

Albedo raised an eyebrow wondering why she cut short her scentence. Y/n took a deep breath, hoping he will agree. "Umm... Albedo if it's not too much trouble  could I stay here? I promise to not disturb you from your research." Albedo was quite hesitant but then again, he already extracted the poison and technically finished with his experiment. But he still isn't so sure, he still had suspiciousion on her after all. Before Albedo could conclude his decision, Y/n spoke again.

" I am well-aware that the Knights of Favonius are suspicious of me. So I allow you to ask me any questions you want... Because, I really like to stay in Mondstadt."

" Alright then, could you first tell me how you figured it out?"

"Well for starters...." Y/n began to explain the clues which led her to figuring out the suspicion the Knights of Favonius had on her from how Albedo for some odd reason wanted to talk to the Acting Grand Master, this was Albedo's small mistake. Oddly enough, Y/n felt more comfortable talking to Albedo compared to other people. "... And lastly, I think next time you should double check whether what your trying to hide is fully covered." Y/n remarked pointing to the dead hilichurl's hand poking out from beneath the blanket.

"Ahem... I see." looking away from making eye contact with Y/n, while coughing awkwardly, embarrassed that he made such a trivial mistake. Deciding to divert the attention from him, Albedo asked about the red gem between her collarbone.

Y/n expression seemed to turned gloomy.

"Did I ask something that I shouldn't have ask? This is why I dislike forging relationships, they are always troublesome. " Albedo thought. "You don't have to answer the question if it makes you uncomfortable."

"No... It's not making me uncomfortable, it's just that this gem doesn't give me fond memories...."

"I see, though I can't help but ask does the gem represent anything?" Y/n's face darkened more than before and he could see her hand forming into a fist.

"Hahaha... Jeez, do you really hate me that much?"

"The gem represents something, that I wish was never created." A silence washes over them, Albedo felt guilty for reminding her of such pain. Offered to show her a little bit of alchemy, Which Y/n gladly agreed.

Y/n have to say, alchemy might be one of the most beautiful things she had seen in her life. And maybe one of the most confusing things too. Like how does a colourless solution turn into purple just by a few drops of some sort of blue liquid. But as confusing as it is, it was also intriguing.