Hope

"Dainsleif!" Y/n shouted. She helplessly watched as his body tumbled on the ground before coming to a stop.

Who could be that powerful to throw him at record speed from the structure to the ground like that, could there be an even bigger threat?

"Ah!" Y/n screamed as she almost lost her footing. How could she forget, Y/n was on the edge of falling into the dark mud once again. She grunted as her fake tried to shove her in.

Y/n winced as the scratching sound of the two blade against each other intensifies. Y/n was towered over by her doppelganger with gave her an advantage, she tried as hard as she could to push back but everyone has their limits. Her body began to fail her, she could feel the strength leaving her as the blade inch closer to her face.

"Hahaha! Goodbye Y- "

All of a sudden, her doppelganger's katana clattered onto the floor. Y/n was taken aback by the sudden lack of pressure. She immediately knew something was up, once she lowered her blade. She came face to face with a purple claw, it pulled out. Leaving a gaping hole through her doppelganger's stomach.

Y/n, shock at the gruesome scene she was seeing, instinctively covered her mouth with her hands. Only to realised that her hands were covered in blood.

Her doppelganger began to sway towards her, prompting Y/n to jump out of the way. Her body eventually fell into the dark abyss.

That was then Y/n, noticed who exactly killed her.

"Bedo?" Y/n called out to him. Only to get no reply.

She gulped, this is not the Albedo she knows, his appearance says it all.

However, she pushed away her fear and started to approach him with caution like how you would treat a wild animal.

As she got closer she called out to him again, he was basically staring downwards, eyeing at where her doppelganger fell.

For the third time she called for him, Albedo finally gave a reaction. He moved his head slightly, allowing him to make direct eye-contact with her.

Y/n stumbled back, stunned by his eyes. The resemblance was uncanny, the images of Blair came flooding back.
But it was not just because of this similarity that caused such a reaction out of her, it was also the question of how he could have possibly ended up like this.

She felt by vomiting just by the thought of it, did she somehow infected Albedo? Is he now the new host for that monstrous creature?

No... If that is true, it will be the hardest fight she will ever have to go through.

Y/n begrudgingly raised her weapon, convincing himself that he is not Albedo over and over again.

She could feel her heart rate racing, for reasons she doesn't know, could it be from anger? Grief? Guilt?

Unfortunately, Y/n too distracted by her own thoughts to noticed Albedo's eyes soften. He began to walk to towards her.

Once she caught on to this, every step Albedo took, Y/n took another step back. Hyper focused own his actions, this is Blair we are dealing with not Albedo.

After a few more steps, he slowed down and eventually stop moving entirely. Y/n observed that the more she backed away the sadder he looked, but that could simply be her imagination.

"Ugh..."

Oh right, she completely forgotten Dainsleif was here. Y/n immediately ran to his side, kneeling next to him. She saw that his head was bleeding

" Dainsleif can you move?"

"Yes but...I don't think I'm in the best condition to fight." .

" Do you at least have any ideas to get out of this?" Y/n asked in a hurry, still keeping an eye on Albedo.