A Horrible Misunderstanding

Y/n suddenly felt intense heat from behind her, she quickly got out of harms way just by a hair. With minimum damage done to her hair.

"What the-" Y/n said in shock, only to be hit again with another strike, dodging out of the way again but this time she was able to see the face of her attacker.

"Mater Diluc?! What are you doing?"

"Don't try to dumb with me. You traitor." Diluc replied harshly. Not stopping with his barrage of attacks.

Fortunately, in the middle of all this, Y/n managed to pull out her weapon as well. The sound of metal clashing disturbed the normally quiet night of Mondstadt.

Diluc was an expert with his weapon, every strike was wield was unwavering power. If Y/n's Katana was an ordinary one, it would have shattered long time ago.

Despite claymores being very heavy weapon to hold, Diluc made it seems like it was as light as a feather. All Y/n could do is to block and dodge with the best of her abilities and wait for a opening to strike.

"There has to be some sort of misunderstanding! Please stop attacking me and maybe we could work this out!" Y/n said, wincing when Diluc attacked her again. A screeching sound was produce as both of their weapon clashed again.

"Talking yourself out of this won't save you, surrender now and things don't have to escalate more than it already is." Diluc ordered. Applying more strength into his weapon.

Y/n was pushed back with great force, digging her feet into the ground to not end up flying.

" There's no way I'm surrendering without an explanation! " She retorted.

" Then die. " Diluc said coldly, preparing to unleashed another ult.

Y/n seeing this immediately ran away to avoid becoming fried chicken.

Honestly, she really doesn't have time for this. Everything was going wrong all because of this douchebag. What did she do to him in his past life to deserve this? Kill his dad or something?!

Somehow, she ended up at the front gate of Mondstadt. With Diluc not far behind her, by now she fuming who would not be? He has messed with her one to many times!

Their fight continued in the bridge where Timmy's dead pegions rest. The fight just kept on going back and forth, both too equally skilled to inflict major damage on each other.

Eventually, Y/n's emotions got the better of her and her attack became more rushed and lacking in power than before.

"What a rookie mistake..." Diluc thought. This mistake encouraged him to put in more strength and speed into his attacks. Catching Y/n off-guard with the sudden energy boost and overwhelming her in the process.

Slowly but surely Y/n's grip on her katana began to flatter.

With one last powerful strike, he finally managed to deflect Y/n's Katana from her grip. Y/n gasped in surprise, as it seemed time has slowed down all of a sudden, she stared at the blade as it draws closer to her.
There was nothing she could do.

At the very last second, Y/n squeezed her eyes shut, putting her arms in front of her in some miracle that it could help block the hit.

"I can't go down like this!" Y/n thought angrily.

"There's no way I can go down like this! Not when I promised him that I would never abandoned him again!"

She tensed the muscles in her body, hoping when the blade did hit her, it would not sliced through her arms. But instead get stuck. Clenching her teeth in the process and bracing for impact, but it never came.

All of a sudden, Diluc felt a force field hit him like a train. Knocking the wind out of him, he was abruptly knocked back with such force that he ended up hitting his head on the bridge barrier.

"Master Diluc!" a worried voice could be heard.

Instead of her arms getting sliced off like she expected, Y/n heard a loud thud, that made her physically winced. She hesitantly opened her eyes and moved her arms away that was obstructing her view.

There she could see the Jean and some Favonius Knight in shock staring at the now unconscious Master Diluc. After taking a moment to recover, Jean immediately began dishing out orders.

"Huffman! Lawrence! Get Master Diluc to the cathedral ASAP!" Jean shouted her eyes betraying her stern expression as she sees him getting carried away.

"Bruce and Harry escort Ms Y/n back to the Favonius headquarters." Jean ordered giving her a hard stare.

"W-wait I can explain ughhh..." Y/n stuttered, taking a few steps back as the two knights began to close in on her. In an instant, she keel over from the sudden drawback. She hasn't fully recovered from that nerve-wracking confrontation with Diluc and what just happened just now definitely didn't make it better.

"Y/n what's wrong with your right eye?!" Jean stumbled back startled. But eventually started to move forward to check on her writhing form.

"Don't take another step!" Y/n warned.

Jean obeyed, spreading her arms out to signal the two Knights to step back.

Y/n felt like her heart was thumping louding throughout her whole body. Her head felt like all the headache she experienced before all catching up to her. Which in short, it felt like her head was about to expolde. The nausea was unbearable, everything around her was a blur. But the worst it of all was the feeling of her right eye, the only way to describe it was like lava pouring straight on her eye.
Red cracks began formed around her right eye. All her senses felt like it increased 10 fold.

"Not now, not in front of them all..." Y/n mumbled. Trying everything to calm herself down to no avail. She could hear Blair's laughing growing louder and louder eventually drowning out the sounds around her.

Her vision started to turn black at the side of her eyes. As she was slowly slipping into a sate of unconsciousness.

"I can't... I must not give in..." She thought hoping it would convince her body to recover with what little strength she had. Tears rolled down her face, when she finally realised that there was no way she could do anything.

All of a sudden, she felt a comforting hand on her back. She almost jolt from the touch but a smoothing voice spoke.

"N/n it's alright, I'm here now." Albedo whispered while stroking her back in a motherly way.

"Bedo? Why are you here... Leave now... I don't want to be the one to kill you." Y/n sobs. Doing everything in her power to not let him see her pitiful face.

Albedo lifted her head to face his, and began to wipe away her tears using his thumb. Y/n's lips quivered at the sweet gesture, as more tears starts to roll down her face. She pulled Albedo by the jacket to cry on. But at least now, everything is back to normal.

Thx for reading! Nothing much to write on and I've decided that I will reveal the last chapter on a later date so try not to forget!

Liz

1227 words