Sleep Deprived Alchemist

A few weeks has passed, so far nothing really happened. After the Stormterror issue, the people of Monstadt has been living peacefully without any disturbances. There was a slight change though, Y/n joined the Knights of Favonius. Due to Klee's relentlessly persuading her day and night, not like she's complaining. Who knows maybe she would like it.

Y/n also made a lot of visits to DragonSpine in this past few weeks whenever she had free time. Even though most of the time, Y/n has nothing to do other then sit there and observe what they are doing but that was better than interactions. She did however, became closer friends with Sucrose and even met Timaeus.

Occasionally, Albedo would ask for her assistance for trivial things. For instance, giving him something or asking about her hypothesis for his research. Which she complied immediately feeling a tad bit useless for not really doing anything.

However, Y/n also noticed that Albedo has been getting more sleep deprived lately. This obviously concerned her but decided not to bring it up.

It was late at night, Y/n recently just finished a quest. It was nothing too difficult just bothersome. Y/n was supposed to head back home but the thought of the sleep deprived Alchemist intrude her mind.

So being the caring person she is, she started to hike up DragonSpine. Although, She wasn't sure whether Albedo would be there or not. There has been numerous times where she ended up climbing up the mountain only to see no one was there. Well, at least she is exercising.

Y/n has gotten so familiar with the route that she could walk up with her eyes closed.

In the distance, Y/n could see a faint light emitting from a dimly litted lamp. Beside it was, you guess it, Albedo. But instead of being buried in his experiment or research, he was sleeping.

"I guess the lack of sleep finally caught up to him."

Having a 'god' within her, Y/n doesn't actually need to sleep that often. Perhaps once in a while, she is technically still human. This rule also applies to food as well.

Despite knowing that Albedo was alright, she was a tad bit curious as to what he was researching on. So she stroll up to his desk quietly and took a sneak peek.

Oddly enough, instead of complicated alchemy work,there was only a sketchbook. Curious, Y/n picked up the sketchbook quietly and start flipping through the pages without a second thought. There was drawings of hillichurls, flowers, animals and many more. Y/n was impressed to say the least, firstly, he is an alchemist, doctor and now an artist?!

While flipping through the sketchbook, a certain drawing caught her eye. It was a drawing of her, Y/n could feel her face starting to heat up. So she quickly turn to another page out of embarrassment. Unfortunately, that page also has a drawing of her. The more pages to flipped the more embarrassed she got.

"No wonder I sometimes caught him staring at me." Y/n recalled.

Y/n could tell he put a lot of effort in sketching them. Every detail was drawn to perfection but it was so embarrassing still.

Y/n's face could rival Diluc's hair by now. As she accidentally slammed the sketchbook on the table.

" Why am I so ashamed?!" Y/n asked herself.

"It's just drawings of... Myself." but that 'reassurance' only made her more of a blushing mess.

Y/n squat down and covered her face with her hands, even though no one was there. Trying to calm down and force her blush to subside. But still questioning who the their right mind would draw anyone like her, and what excatly made Albedo so keen on drawing her. Y/n simply couldn't wrap her head around that.

Y/n's mess of emotion and thoughts was interrupted by a groan, coming from Albedo. Y/n slowly turn her head towards him, fully expected him to be staring back at her with judging eyes.

Surprisingly, Albedo eyes were still screw shut showing no sign o f waking up, just as Y/n was about let go a sigh of relief. When Albedo started showing signs of discomfort, his hand balled up into a fist and sweat appeared on his forehead.

Being an expert on having nightmares, Y/n immediately knew what is going on. Though, she never would have thought in her wildest dreams that the talented Alchemist would be suffering from nightmares just like her.

Y/n quickly thought of a way to calm Albedo down. Of course she could always wake him up but a memory of her mother came back to her.

"I really hope this works..."

Y/n drags another chair and place it next to Albedo and sat down. Y/n slowly engulf him in a hug, she drew circles around his back as a way to comfort him. She also whisper comforting words in a calm manner.

"Shhhh... It's okay... You're going to be fine."

The whole time she was doing this, Y/n's heart was beating like crazy it was amazing how she has yet to get a heart attack. This feeling was unfamiliar to Y/n, she didn't understand why she was feeling this anxious and flustered whenever she looked at Albedo.

Her thought was cut short when,
miraculously, Albedo seemed to slowly calm down, his breathing from fast to normal and his hand was no longer in a fist. Even his expression changed to one of tranquility.

Y/n smiled, happy it worked. She uses her other arm for a pillow as she stare
at Albedo's sleeping face. Y/n can't help but giggle a bit, his cheek was squash against the table which give Y/n sudden urge to squeeze his cheeks.

Unfortunately, today was not the best day to do that.

Doing this reminded of her mother a lot, Y/n suffered with nightmares for as long as she can remember even as a child, but they soon go away once her mom was there comforting her without fail everyday. Such a daily gesture but now all she can do is crave for it again.

As Y/n looked at Albedo more, the more sleepy she got. Eventually, she slowly drifted off to sleep, and for the very first time without the help from her mom, there was no nightmare there to bother her.

                                ...

"I am going to lose my freaking mind!"

The timid assasin cowered in fear due to Riji sudden outburst.

"She is always with that shortie at that cold ass mountain! You know what, screw it. I was planning to do this secretly but right now. I just want to rid her skull open." Riji said fed up with this mission.

"M-maybe we can just h-head back to the A-Almighty Sho-Eek!" Riji shut him up with a glare.

"When she come down from that stupid mountain. That when we will attack."

"Wait w-we?!"

"Yeah of course."

"But I not excatly the best at combat..."

"True... Fine just sit down and watch how a professional do their job. I can't wait." Riji grinned.

"W-why don't we go to sleep first? To you know....conserve your energy?...."

"Fine."

Hello! Your incompetent author is here! This chapter is much more difficult to write as it is hard for me to portray romantic feelings😅. Which is probably why it is shorter than most chapters, so I apologise if this chapter does not meet up to your expectations but even so, I will try and improve. Have a nice day bye bye!

Liz

1292 words