Reborn

Just in the nick of time, Dainsleif managed to break her fall using his powers. Y/n was mere seconds away before smashing her face into the ground.

Without missing a beat, she immediately move away just when her doppelganger landed with a powerful kick on the ground where she once was. She definitely would have died then and there if she didn't react quickly.

Y/n look up at Dainsleif, realising he was going to jump down to help her.

"No don't jump down! Save him for me!" Y/n shouted, just as the elevator reach the top.

She didn't have any time to think as the fake Y/n came charging at her.

She quickly went into combat mode, blocking each strike relatively well at first. However, if this battle drag out any longer she will stand no chance.

Y/n glance up at the structure.

"Dainsleif please hurry up!" now regretting her refusal for help.

...

Once Dainsleif reach the top, he was greeted by two shadow husk. Which he immediately taken care of without much effort.

He tried to look around for a button or lever of some sort for the elevator to go back down. However, he soon realised that it was futile. It seems like the button only exist below.

Now all he can do is to find Albedo, hopefully then he can focus on searching for an exit.

Dainsleif sleathily made he way through the hallways. Taking down any guards with ease, even when it pains him to.
He could tell he was getting closer due to the increasing amount of soldiers.

"Tch." Dainsleif let out as he sustained a blade wound to his arm. Fortunately he was able to finish the soldier without hindrance from his arm.

At last he reach the main entrance to the ritual they were performing. Immediately he was hit was an overwhelming nostalgia, but not in a good way. Albedo was held down by chains that was emitting Abyssal energy. His head hung low, not allowing him to see Albedo's expression. Above of the Abyss Lector was a ball which Dainsleif was sure it was the extracted Heavenly principles powers. Which was quickly growing in size.

He was shocked by the how much of residue that Albedo held. It was far from the amount he was expecting.

The Pyro Abyss lector performing the ritual thankfully hasn't sense his presence. Dainsleif snapped out of his shocked state.

Summoning his sword once again, he jumped up high aiming his sword at the Lector. However, the Abyss Lector reflexes surpassed Dainsleif's expectation when it suddenly turned around, throwing a fire ball at his face.

Knowing the element of surprise was no longer his advantage anymore. Dainsleif back away from the searing heat just in time.

"How dare you interfere with Her Highness's plans once again Dainsleif. You bring shame to the people of Khaenri'ah!" The Abyss Lector spoke, as he tried to hurl another attack at him.

However the Lector stood no chance and was defeated just like his other shadow husks in no time. Dainsleif then proceeds to the floating device that he assumed is the tool behind the extraction.

Dainsleif inspect in device, hoping to deactivate it somehow. Just then, a sudden movement caught his eye.

Albedo was alive much to his dismay.

He walked closer to the alchemist, raising his sword to his neck. To be honest, Dainsleif was hoping Albedo was dead. Letting him live on will only cause destruction, it will be for the greater good.