||8||

Dedicated to my friend, Miracle or Blinks or Muejiza as she calls herself. Happy birthday sweetie. May your teenage years be filled with joy.

•Also dedicated to Angelicdamsel

•AND Nabilah_Bint_Luqman for all her support.

Thanks a lot.

Enjoy this chapter...

I finished up my part of the project and started the edits. I signed my name but before I could email it to the teacher, Ebenezer needed to sign. I went to Chioma's room to inform him. I didn't knock before opening the door.

I didn't like what I saw. My sister was straddling him while his hands were on her waist. "Ebenezer." Seeing me, he lifted her and kept her on the bed and walked out of the room. I pinned him to the wall while holding his collar. If murder wasn't a capital crime, he'd be dead. Why were they in such a compromising position? I saw the sign of his arousal. What if he did something to her. "Don't you dare think of doing shit to my sister."

Ebenezer smiled at me and I found it annoying. If not those glasses, I would've punched the hell out of his face. "Buchi, are you two fighting?" I heard mom's voice behind me. I turned around.

"Auntie, we're not fighting. We're discussing something." Ebenezer said but mom raised her eyebrows. She didn't buy it. Chioma came out of her room, glanced at us before walking downstairs.

"You children should mind the way you play. Food is ready." She left and I turned my attention back to Ebenezer.

"Stay away from my sister."

"I'm her best friend." He smirked.

"Keep your dirty thoughts to yourself. Don't even dream. Chioma will never like you. Give up." He narrowed his eyes.

"If she ends up in my bed one day..."

"Don't you dare!" I roared. He was messing with me, I knew. He didn't even dare to confess, talk less of inviting her to sleep with him. "Stop having dirty thoughts about her. If you need it that much, go find a girl to spend the night with."

"Whatever, your mom's waiting." I left him and turned to go downstairs. I had forgotten the main reason why I wanted to see him.

On reaching, someone entered the house. "Nwunyem, I'm back." I recognised the deep voice. My dad. He was back from his trip of three weeks.

"Daddy!" Chioma ran and embraced him as a servant took his luggage.

"Adanna." I rolled my eyes at the pet name. Daddy's pet.

"Dad, welcome." I greeted. He only nodded in acknowledgement.

"Where's your mom?" I shrugged. I didn't know. My dad kept Chioma down before going to the kitchen. Mom was there. With Ebenezer. And dad wasn't looking happy. Ebenezer and mom were discussing and mom was laughing occasionally. I didn't know he could be funny...to my mom... "Young man." Dad interrupted their conversation.

"Manuel, you're back." Mom hugged him and he kissed her forehead. "How was your trip? Did they sign the contract?" Mom said and dad smiled. Till Ebenezer spoke...

"Good evening sir." He greeted, bowing slightly. Dad's face flickered before forcing a smile.

"How are you?" He asked.

"I'm fine sir."

"Manuel, food is ready. Let's to the dining," mom said. Dad held her and walked. We followed.