||14||

Warning:

I don't know if this deserves a warning but there is cringe-worthy content here. Really cringe-worthy.

The ride home was silent. I sat in the backseat. I felt Nedum's stare through the mirror but I ignored him. After he parked in the garage, I wanted to get down but he locked all the doors. I unlocked mine and ran inside.

I wanted to talk to my twin. He'd understand me at least. I didn't knock and opened his door. A weird smell permeated throughout the room. I scrunched my nose and walked in but was stunned at the grunting and moaning sounds. He was busy? I turned to leave but I heard that voice.

"Igbokwe, I'm coming." Bisola? I turned around again. I realised I had spoken aloud when I saw Buchi hurriedly push her away. I shut my eyes and tried to find the door. I ran back to my room.

I fell on my bed as I sobbed. I felt so betrayed. By both brothers. How could he? He fucked her.

There was an incessant knocking on my door. I ignored it. "Vivian," I heard Nedum's voice.

"Get out! Get the fuck out of my room!" I heard the door close. I thought he had gone out, but I felt my bed sink. I looked up, my ears blurred with tears. "Leave."

"Vivian, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

"Nedum leave."

"I'm sorry for letting him touch you."

"You let your friend molest me. Not just touch me. He touched me like I was worthless. Am I cheap? Do I look cheap?"

"It's my fault."

"Of course it's your fault," I muttered.

"I wasn't in the right mind. I was lost." He said looking at my white ceiling.

"Who did you lose?" I asked remembering what I heard back there.

"It's no one."

"Answer me or I'll never forgive you for letting me go through that humiliation," I said. It wasn't like I'd forgive him. I'll just try to forget.

"My best friend. His name was Victor Adeniji." Victor Adeniji. That name was quite familiar.

"Was he the one that was worthy to be your rival?" Nedum nodded. So that Victor...it was rumoured that he suddenly committed suicide in their SS2. "He was on a scholarship. The guy was very intelligent, probably more than I am. We were rivals at first. He disliked me because he saw me as a threat. And if he ever dropped in his grades, his scholarship would be withdrawn.

But we found similarities and we became friends. We became very good friends. I was attached to him. And he was like my sibling too.

You know I couldn't relate well with you and Jordan. You guys only had each other in your world, even forgetting you have other family. I felt lonely most times. My other friends and I didn't really click well. I couldn't be that deep with them. They were too rugged.

But Victor. I loved him. I can swear that if I was gay, I would've made him my partner. Our friendship was quite abnormal. It even reached the level of kissing."

"Jesus!" I exclaimed. "Ew. I knew you weren't normal." He ignored my statement. That Sofony High. Only God knows what morals they teach there. My younger sister attended that school.

"That was in SS1. But I loved someone and he did too. He liked Lisa, but she liked me. We argued because of her. He told me I betrayed him but I told him I had feelings for someone else.

We didn't speak for a month. But we made up later. It was in the third term of SS2, I noticed the change in him. His grades were dropping rapidly. He scored 70% on a test. That was too poor because his lowest grade was 89. He also stopped speaking to me. Sometimes I caught him crying when I went to see him at his dorm.