||40||

☆Kenneth

"That's your third today, Kenneth. Is anything bothering you?" I stayed silent but put out the cigarette. 

"No."

"Is your dad coming?"

"I don't know."

"Kenneth, what's up? Speak to me. "

"The ceiling. Jeiel I'm not in the mood."

"Since when have you not been in the mood to speak to me?"

"I don't know."

"It's because of her isn't it?" I looked at her. "How come you're so bothered about it?"

"She dislikes you."

"I don't care, Kenneth.  She's not the first, she won't be the last."

"I feel insulted. No one has ever spoken to me like that. She just...just walked out on me. "

"Come on, Kenneth. Stop thinking about it."

"I can't. I'm trying but she's just there."

"Ken."

"And then there's Kristopher." She laughed.

"I knew that an ordinary girl wasn't enough to make you this way. So he's the problem."

"He has become closer to her. After class each day, she'd run off with him. They even sit together for supper."

"Why does it bother you so much?"

"I have no idea." The truth was that I missed how she used to stare at me. And her shining eyes. 

"Stop thinking about it." I nodded and went to the parlour where Dev and Alec were.

"Heyo, Jeiel. " Alec flashed her a smile.  She waved at him.

"So Kenneth,  next week is visiting week."

" I'm aware."

"Is your dad going to be here personally or is he sending an aide?" I shrugged. I didn't even know if he'd come. Dev suddenly frowned. He stood up and walked to me. "You've been smoking, haven't you?"

"Yeah."

"I thought we were past that stage. "

"I can't help it, okay?"

"I told you to go for therapy but you refused." Andrew had just come in.

"Stop sticking your nose into what isn't your business." I snapped.

"How isn't it my business, fool? If not us, you would probably be dead."

"I didn't ask you to help me, did I? I never wanted your help. It was useless."

"All our mates are in a university while I'm still in secondary school because of you."

"You made your choice Andrew. I didn't ask you to stay, did I?" He clenched his fists and stormed off.

"Kenneth, you were harsh," Dev said.  I shrugged. "And what you said hurt. I don't want to regret skipping a whole academic year because of you. It makes me think that you don't value our friendship. "

"I'm sorry."

•••

The academy was busy as people kept coming in.  I was in my room keeping myself busy with games. I was pretty sure that no one would come for me today so there was no need to go outside.  Just when I got bored and was about to take a nap,  my phone rang. I frowned when I saw the caller.

"What?" I picked up.

"Downstairs now. Receiving area."

"Uf it's you, I'm not coming."

"That's your problem. Dad's here." I hung up. I put on my shoes before exiting the room and locking the door.

~
"Kenneth." I stared at the guy.

"Where's dad?"

"He'll be here soon. He went out for a while." I stood aside and waited silently for him. "How has school been?"

"Fine." He hummed. "Are you coming back?"

"I don't know. Your mother hasn't said anything. "

"Where's my aide?"

"She was fired. You're getting a new one."

"Why? She was good."

"Dad found out you had been sleeping with her. " I huffed. It was only a few times.

"Kenneth!" The middle-aged man walked toward me, a wide smile on his face. He spread his arms. "Aren't you going to hug your old man?"

"Good day sir." He frowned.

"Kenneth come on. Don't be like this. I'm going to tell your mom." I hugged him. "Good boy." He looked around. "So, how have you been?"

"Great. How's work?"

"I'm on holiday." Holiday? Again? "Don't gimme that look. I needed a break."

"How's mom?"

"She's better. Gone back to her office."

"You let her go back to work?"

"I couldn't stop her. I tried my best." Your best. Yeah right. "Wanna go somewhere? For a drive or something? I came with the Lambo." Nice.

"Where are we-" I was caught off.

"Monica? No. It can't be. Too young to be her. I saw her last week too. Then this must be her daughter." He was speaking to himself while looking in a particular direction.  "Just like when she was younger."

Just what was he talking about? I was distracted when I saw Vivian. She was wrapped around some guy's body.  Then I saw his face. She knew him?

Dedicated to Peaceless_Peace101

Another chapter is up. We're in 40 chapters. Woohoo! Many more to go. Happy End of July guys. Thanks for your support so far.