||57||

☆Kenneth

"Dev." I knocked and stepped into his laboratory.

"What is it?" He removed his goggles.

"I'm sorry. I was wrong. I was foolish. I shouldn't have played with our friendship like that."

"You already lost us  but go on."

"I'm sorry. Dev I'm sorry. I am so sorry. Forgive me. Please."

"I won't forgive you till Andrew forgives you. For everything." He gestured behind and I turned my head to see Andrew there.

"Kenneth. Hi." That foxy smile of his again. "Girlfriend thief."

"I did not-" What was wrong with this guy.

"Then why else would she say you had been sleeping together? Then you went as far as breaking her legs to defend yourself. That was plain wicked."

"I never slept with Elisabeth. Never in my entire life. She tried to climb my bed. Your girlfriend was very sneaky. I told her off but I warned you. She wasn't good for you."

"You're lying, Kenneth. Right Dev?" Dev looked away.

"I'm being fucking honest!"

"Kenneth stop raising your voice." Dev massaged the sides of his head. Andrew was still fuming.

"Swear that you're being honest. Swear on what  you love." Swear. Huh.

"I swear. I swear on your life and I swear on Dev's." Dev looked taken aback. He knocked down his burner and hurriedly picked it up.

"Why on my head?" He asked.

"Because I love you. I love Andrew too." He cursed in French. Andrew stared at me like he wanted to kill me but couldn't kill me because he didn't want to kill me.

"I forgive him, Dev." He walked out. I turned to Dev.

"I also forgive you. Just stop being stupid. Talk to me if something is bothering you. I'm always there."

"Sure..."

"I'll meet you tonight at dinner, yeah?" I shook my head. "Vivian?"

"Well."

"Kenneth."

"See you later. Bye."

••••••••••••••••••••••

☆Dev

We were all three year olds who knew close to nothing. But we had known each other since conception. We had been friends since birth. The four of us.

Kenneth, Andrew, Ebenezer had I.

It was raining that day and storm clouds weren't fast approaching. We had been playing and we couldn't find our parents. I could not remember what happened but I could remember the oath.

"We'll be best friends forever, Right?" Andrew had asked as we huddled close to each other. We chorused yes. "Forever." I started

"And ever."

"And ever"

"And ever."

Six years later, we repeated the vow when Ebenezer was leaving for his home country. But it was modified.

"Nothing would ever come between us. Not even family or other friends."

We kept in touch and when we were twelve, we met every year in training camp. Everything was fine till the year Kenneth travelled home for the holidays. I can still remember his cheerful voice at camp. "She's so pretty. That girl. Damn. And she's hot!"