||58||

☆Chioma

"How many papers do you have left?" I asked Kenneth. He lifted a finger. Just one. Chai.

"Economics. Then I'm free."

"I have three left. Two languages and FD practicals."

"French and..."

"Korean." He raised his brows. "How many do you know?"

"Do I know or do I offer?" He asked, grinning.

"Do you speak well."

"I'm fluent in seven languages. English included. I'm offering three." What the hell! "You're screaming, Vivian." Oh my God! "Still screaming." I covered my mouth looking at him in shock. It was impossible.

"Stop playing."

"Who is playing? Me?"

"Yeah."

"Should I speak?" I shook my head. "Fine. I'll mention them. English, French, Spanish, Italian, Hausa, Korean and Hindi." He knows Hausa. "I'm learning German, Latin and Swahili."

"You're amazing."

"Tganks."

"Why are you learning so many?"

"Because of the future when I'll inherit dad's assets. His companies are international and so I'll interact a lot with foreigners. My dad speaks fifteen." I laughed. "And mehn you should see him when he's angry. He mentions the speakable and unspeakable. Sometimes you get confused." I understood. Just like when mom and dad would be switching from English to Igbo and back when they were discussing.

We had reached the learning building. "I wish you best of luck." I told Kenneth. He laughed and did the most surprising thing. Kissed my forehead.

"I don't need luck. But I wish you the best. Where are we meeting after exams?"

"Your place." What did I just-

"I'll come get you. Bye."

"Bye." I ran off. It would get too complicated if I stayed there any longer.

Dear nobody at all. Kenneth kissed my forehead. He kissed my forehead!

|°|°

"So you won't spend time with me." I apologized to Buchi.

"I'll make it up to you this holiday. I promise. Just lemme say goodbye to my friends. Okay?" I stood on my toes and kissed his cheek. "I'll stay with you tonight." He finally smiled.

"See you later then." I ran to Kenneth who was standing at a distance.

"Hey." I held him while steadying my breath.

"Hi." I panted.

"Should I carry you?" I eyed him. "That's a no then. Should I get you something?" I shook my head. "Okay. Let's go."

---

"I don't see Dev around anymore." I said, bringing out my sketchbook.

"He traveled home. Diwali. His exams were online." Ohh. Wow.

"So..." I wanted to ask the question that had been on the back of my mind. "What were you doing at Ebenezer's party? Are you two friends?" He scoffed. "What's your relationship?"

"Cousin. He's my cousin. Your eyeballs will fall off if you keep widening them." Ebenezer had a cousin I didn't know off? "He's my cousin from my mom's side. Our mom's are sisters." Aunty Emerald had a sister? That sister was Kenneth's mom? "You're looking too surprised. He never mentioned me?"