||50||

"Yes, he's mine. Wealth say good afternoon." The boy turned away, burying his face in my shoulder.

"Your child?" He was surprised. He slid his hands into his pocket. "With who?"

"Chioma." His face was dark. I grinned. I win.

"I see." He glared at Wealth. "So, I'm inviting you to my eighteenth. Party at my house."

"I'll be there." Not because i wanted to, but because the relationship between our families should be maintained. According to dad, our fathers had some kind of relationship that went way back.

"Take care. You and err... him." He gestured to Wealth. He then walked off, hands in his pockets while the girl he was with trailed behind him.

***

I looked at my messages that had been left on delivered for the past weeks. She had answered none. She was even online. My fingers were itching to tap the dial button. And they did. "Chioma." I whispered.

"Hello cousin. Your little girlfriend is in the lavatories. She'll be back soon."

"Kenneth."

"You remember me. I feel great." His voice was as dry as ever.

"Just stop." Talking to him was making me feel suffocated.

"Vivian is very cute. Womanly body too."

"Don't touch her."

"Why? I have anything i want remember? Including your girlfriend. "

"Don't make me hate you."

"You already do. Look, she's back. Bye." He hung up. I ran my hands through my hair, gripping it tightly at some point.  Infuriating motherfucker.

✤∙∙∙✤

The place was loud. Too loud. "Ebenezer! You came!" I gave him the package containing his gift.

"Happy birthday." I wished him.

"Thank you."

"Is Tiana here?" I asked. I had called her but she wasn't picking up. Rhema shook his head.

"We spoke this morning though." I raised my brows. "I have guests. Thank you for coming." He sauntered off holding the package. I went to a corner to sit. I wasn't in the mood to party, especially with wild Sin City students running around. That school was disgusting.

I  dialled Tiana once more. She picked up. "Ebenezer."

"Wassup?"

"I'm at Rhema's party. I don't think you can hear me. The place is loud as f."

"I'm there too." I heard her surprised remark. I got up and searched for her in the sea of teenagers. When our eyes met, she smiled and ran to hug me. "Hey." I patted her head.

"You've been unavailable since. What happened?" She smiled. It didn't reach her eyes.

"Not feeling well. I'm better now."

"Tiana." She was lying. I dragged her back to the corner was sitting in. "What happened?"

"I told you I wasn't well. Okay." As i sat, she sat beside me.  "Don't bother about me." I shrugged. "Didn't think you were the party type."

"Family friend." She nodded lightly.

"How's your mom? And Dad?"

"They're fine." The silence was quite awkward afterwards.

"Let's dance." She got up and pulled on my top. "Come on, Ebenezer." I shook my head.

"I can't."

"Abeg!" She rolled her eyes. "You can break dance soo perfectly. And I saw that video you made for Vivian. If that wasn't dancing, i don't know what it is." I shrugged, standing up while slipping my phone into my pockets.