||25||^^

"Two of you should eat like humans." Aunt Monica reprimanded looking at Chioma and her dad. Dinner was okra soup and swallow. It was her favourite. Same with her dad's. Both of them were licking the soup and smacking mouths. One would think the soup was heavenly delicious. It was. But on the other hand, one could lose an appetite while looking at them.

Jordan had already lost his, I could tell. The frown on his face was too deep. I hid a smile. "Mommy thank you." He stood from his seat. Kaima, the last child also did so.

"Aunt, uncle, thanks for the meal."

"You are welcome." I washed my hands before going upstairs. I took a bath, brushed my teeth and relaxed on my bed before dialling mom.

"Edikan," Dad answered the phone.

"Dad. Good evening. Where's mom?"

"Washing up. Do you need anything? Did something happen to you?" He asked.

"Just wanted to know how you guys are."

"We are fine."

"What of my aunt? Is she better?"

"Yes... But her heart is failing. She needs a transplant but her blood type is the case." He lowered his voice. "Your crazy mother wanted to give up hers."

"What?" I shouted. "Don't allow her. If she insists lock her up."

"I already told her. And your aunt refused."

"Thank God."

"I'm thinking of a solution. But I don't want to dirty my hands again."

"Don't kill someone dad." I could tell what he was thinking.

"Wouldn't that be better and easier? Just kill someone with the same blood type."

"No. You'll commit murder." I heard him sigh.

"Your uncle and cousin are breaking down. Especially your cousin. I feel for him."

"Tell them to have faith. They'll be alright. Everything will be fine." I said. No matter how much I disliked my cousin, I would never wish for his mom's death. It was a horrible thing.

"Aaron, who's on the phone?" I heard mom's voice in the background.

"It's our son. I'll let you speak to your mom."

"Ebenezer?" I heard her voice.

"Mom. How are you?"

"I'm fine. How about you? I know Monica is doing a good job. I spoke to her this afternoon. She said you went out."

"Yes, mama. I accompanied two girls on their day out."

"Did you have fun?"

"Fun? What was fun about carrying bags and watching them try out clothes?" I said. I was always free when talking to mom than to dad. And I liked it. I could tell her most things. But those I couldn't, Dad knew.

I heard mom's laughter. "It's girls for you. Did you buy anything?"

"Yes, a pendant. For her." She knew.

"That's good. Does she like it?"

"I have not shown it to her yet. I want to let her know of my feelings."

"Ebenezer..." She started. Her tone had changed. "Mom loves you, you know."

"Mhmm. "

"And she doesn't want to see you hurt yourself. So she suggests you give up before you fall too deep."