||61||

I hummed happily as i knocked on the door of the flat. Angel smiled on seeing me. "senior Vivian. Long time no see. How have you been?'

"Well I've been good. Look at you. Your skin is glowing and is it me or did you add weight." Her smile stiffened.

"Thank you. I'll brig refreshments. Make yourself at home."

"No need. We won't talk for long. Just a quick chat."

"Okay." She sat down on the couch opposite me.

"I heard about you and Buchi. I was surprised, actually. Seeing that you're not the kind he normally goes for and you're a little girl." She lowered her face. "what did you give my brother?"

"Nothing."

"He's your ward but girl, you. I was shocked for real. Worried about you even. Plus you two had sex, on a regular during the holidays. Did he force you." She shook her head rapidly.

"I wanted it, senior. I felt like he's the right person." My brother? Chai.

"You didn't use protection. So on the basis of that fact, anything to fess up?" She was silent for a very long time. I regretted not accepting those refreshments. "Angel?"

"I've not seen my period since august." Shit! This was bad. It was going to be bad.

"Have you seen a doctor?" She shook her head. "Are you home alone?" She nodded. "Lock up. Let's go see one." I could not delay this any further. Potential threats to Buchi in future had to be ended.

"But senior—"

"Don't but me. Dress up. I'm waiting here."

~

"Senior, please. You're hurting me" I gripped her jaw more tightly, my nails digging into her skin. This foolish girl was pregnant and had refused to agree to remove it.

"Remove this baby, angel. Fucking make this easy for the both of us."

"I can't. It's he's baby. Jordan has to know."

"He will never know because you won't tell him. Did you even think about yourself before shamelessly spreading your legs? And now you want his baby. Don't be such a fool. A lot of things are at stake. Your future, his future. Do you think he will accept responsibility? Right now? I know my twin more than you do. Buchi will deny you and deny this baby. If it's even his."

"Senior!"

"What? If you can open legs for him, you can open for somebody else." Her face paled as I let her go. She slumped to the ground.

"I didn't— Jordan is the only person I've been with." She spoke, crying. I had pity on her. But I couldn't be soft when Buchi was concerned. Angel was a threat. "It's his baby senior. And I want to keep it."

"You're not keeping it!"

"I am the mother. It's my baby!" Fine, but as far as I was concerned, this baby would not know who its father was.

"Keep the baby then. But you're not raising that child in a house where you'll be pressured to say who the father is. No. Whether your family supports you or not, you're not raising that child there.

"Senior."

"Get up. I'll get you a house far from here. I'll get you people that'll live with you. Raise your child. Complete school if you wish, but Buchi should not know of this child's existence."

"Agreed?" She shook her head. "think about it and text me your response, preferably before the new year." I turned to Musa who was waiting at a distance. "Let's go. Angel get in the car."