𝑺𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒓

"Are my eyes deceiving me?" I whispered seeing the guy. "Kalec."
He was walking in my direction and I almost fainted from excitement. He caught me. Kalec caught me!

"Watch it." He studied me. "New face aren't you?" I nodded shyly. I was facing my favorite teenage musician. His American accent was strange but sweet, like his voice. "You're very pretty. Are you African?"

"Yes." Was he racist? I became wary as he scanned me though there were no traces of repulsion on his face.

"Don't look at me that way. I'm not racist." He laughed.  "I wish you could meet him." Meet who? It was nice meeting you. I'm in a hurry uhhh..."

"Vivian."

"Vivian.  If we meet again we'll talk," he said and bent down to whisper. "Maybe I'll give you an autograph too." He smiled at me. "Bye starry eyes."

"Starry eyes? What's that?" Buchi appeared beside me as I watched Kalec walk away.

"My nickname. Let's go."

"To where." I stopped.  Where exactly?

***

"You been dey stare at him since? Wetin?"

I looked at Buchi.  "He's my partner."

"I know that. But why have you been staring."

"I...I don't know. I just feel like...like...Buchi  I can't explain. He's just too...my heart will explode."  The subject himself gave me a quick glance before continuing with his friends. My heart could melt.

"You like him?" Like him? Wasn't it too soon to like him?

***

I stared at the text and my heart felt warm. At least someone still remembered us.

[How is family?]

[The grace of the Lord
is upon us . ]

[Are you busy?]

[School work.
I feel like dumping these
Assignments.]  

I laughed. 

[😅🤣
U wan kill me.
Finish them oo.]

[I hear.]
(typing...)

I patiently waited for the message.

[I miss you. 💘💋❣]
[I miss you a lot.]

[Me too.
ya know.]

[Love ya.]

***

"Are you o-" Not waiting for her to finish speaking, I pulled her to myself and connected our lips. I wrapped her legs around my waist then my hands slid under the top. She kissed me back ferociously but stopped when I touched her bra. "Enough. You know we can't do this."

"Why? Don't you want me?" I whispered. I knew the effect I had on her.  She cursed under her breath.

"It's wrong." I kissed her spot making her moan very loudly.

"Wrong? Is it because of him?"

"Yes."  I pushed her down on my bed and completely unbuttoned my shirt.

"You feel like you're cheating on him?"

"Yes."  I climbed over her and continued our kiss. This girl could arouse me just by standing at a corner.

"I'm sorry." I pulled off her clothes and threw them aside. "We can't stop now, can we?"

"He doesn't know we do this." She turned her face away.

"One more try can't hurt, right?"

"Use protection!" Right. That.

"I'm out."

***

"I think we'll be great friends."

"Why so?"

"You're almost like my best friend."

"A guy?"

"Yeah."

"Okay then, friend." He grinned and I laughed. The bell signalled the beginning of lunch. But he didn't move. "Aren't you going to have lunch?"

"I'm not hungry."

"But you didn't eat this morning."

"Still not hungry."

"Adeniji!"

***
Ball what ball? And Halloween? Jeez. "Who are you bringing with you?"

"No one." I answered immediately.

"It's necessary for royals."

"I'll pass." What went on in balls? Dancing. Slow dancing!!! I shivered at the thought. Then associating with people I didn't know.... I planned on staying on my own till the end of this year.

***

I looked at my cracked phone and let out maniacal laughter. The maids closeby hid themselves. My laughter soon turned to a growl of frustration and I punched the goddamned wall. I never trusted him but I felt so...betrayed. He had done it again– taking what is mine away from me, without doing a thing.

~

"You really want to go? Are you sure about this?"

"Yes sir."

"I don't want you to get hurt, son. I don't want to see you broken.  So whatever you do, don't hurt yourself and don't regret it."

"I won't regret." He'd never know what would be coming for him.

--------

That's just a bit of what we should be expecting in this second arc. Can you guess the POVs? Let me know your answer.

 Can you guess the POVs? Let me know your answer