||65||

☆Chioma

Everybody was so happy to see me. I was happy to see them too though it had been four years. A lot looked different. Some of my cousins' faces weren't as I recalled. Neither was my room here. It seemed like it had been renovated. Well there used to be twin beds, now there was only one, meaning, Kaima had gotten her own room. Mine was repainted in light shades of red and cream.

Well I was glad that I had lots of privacy now. And I could sneak Buchi in without dad knowing. For the first time in days, I went online.

theheirchukwurah sent you a message.
theheirchukwurah sent you a reel.
theheirchukwurah sent an attachment.

I didn't even have time for Kenneth right now. I didn't feel like talking to him, there was nothing to say. My WhatsApp was bombarded with over a hundred messages from him. And funny enough, he was typing. Did he speak to me even knowing I wasn't online?

Finally!

Do you know how much I've waited for this day?

Vivian, say something.

Well, I'm not seeing any blue ticks.

I clicked open the message and the next thing I saw was an incoming call. I answered. "Sweetheart." My toes curled on their own. "Vivian, how are you?"

"Hi, Kenneth. I'm well. You?"

"Well, I missed you is what I'd say. And you sound dull, or is it me? You sound off...and not wanting to talk to me? Did I do something?" Buchi actually told him that. Nawa for this my twin.

"No, Kenneth. I wasn't feeling well, that's all."

"Vivian...remember how I said I'd surprise you?"

"Yeah...? The gifts or something."

"Good thing you haven't forgotten. I need an address."

"Kenneth you don't have to."

"I can't un-buy all I've bought. So an address."

"I'll send it later. I'm at my village, I dunno the particular address."

"Don't disappoint. Tell me how life has been while you were offline. Hmm?"

"There's nothing to tell. Everyone missed me. I wonder if my other siblings don't exist sometimes. It's usually Chioma, Chioma, Chioma. I feel bad."

"You're a star. The main character. It's all about you, babe."

"Some people aren't too happy about it."

"It's their problem, Vivian. Not yours. Okay?" I hummed. "My stunner girl." Huh? I couldn't help but laugh. "I like you , you know? A lot." He had told me before. "I have feelings for you, real feelings. And I'm not going to deny them cause I want you."

This boy was bad for me, he was bad for my head, for my thoughts, for my body. I put the phone away from my ears for a while. I was getting unusually hot.

"I dunno what to say," I whispered.

"I understand." he chuckled. "I have a family lunch to get to, I'll call you back okay? And don't scare me like that again, going off without a word. I was ready to track you down."

"I won't Kenneth."

"So, see you?"

"Yeah, see you. Bye. Take care."

~~

My eldest cousins weren't yet back, well all except Olanna who, alongside her big brother, was getting married. And currently she was with my mom and aunt, telling them about something I wasn't paying attention to.