||12||^^

⚠️ I left a warning in the last chapter. This chapter contains mature content. Read at your own risk.

☆Chioma

I hugged Eben. My best friend still believed in me. Buchi dragged me away. His expression wasn't looking good. Who made him angry? "Are you alright?" I asked.

He grunted and pulled me to the school's parking lot where drivers were waiting to pick up students. We walked to our car. Someone was leaning against it. He was wearing a white shirt and red jeans. On his head was a white cap. His face was lowered because his eyes were on his phone.

He suddenly looked up and smiled when he saw us. I made Buchi release me and ran to him before jumping into his arms. "You're bigger than the last time I saw you."

"You're back," I said as he carried me. "Nedum, I missed you."

He was my eldest brother, the first child of my parents. He was a university student abroad. I hadn't seen him in a long time. The last time was January last year. He rarely returned home, even during breaks.

"Oh my gosh, is that Brian?" I heard squeals and screams. "He looks more handsome in real life."

I had forgotten that my big brother was a legend. He didn't attend my secondary school but our rival high school, Sofony High. He was a genius and Sofony High always won whenever we competed. So whenever there was a competition, our school was always worried about Brian and his friends.

Not just worried, they panicked whenever they discovered he was taking part in a competition. I've seen the ex-seniors preparing. They studied like they were crazy. But none of them stole the best positions from him. Pearl International only got a chance when he changed schools for his final year. And they won by half point.

But now the geniuses have graduated and our school has been on top, though I've heard rumours of a guy in the Junior class of Sofony who would continue the legacy.

"Um, hi," A girl walked to my brother, Nedum. I prefer calling him by his native name. "Can I get your number?" She asked.

Nedum put me down. He smiled at her."Can you? If you have the ability to. "

"Oh, sorry. May I get your number?"

"Sorry dear but no." He said. The girl looked dejected and left quietly. "There's a huge difference between May and Can." I heard him mutter.

"Big brother," Buchi said walking towards us. Nedum hugged him tightly.

"I missed you all. Let's go home."

~
"So we'll be coming for your graduation by August?" Dad asked and Nedum nodded.

"Yes."

"Did you do what I asked you to do?" Buchi and I locked eyes.

"Yes, they can start in September."

"Okay. You'll tell them about it later. And after your graduation, start working. No rest for you."

"Dad..." Nedum said.

"Not even a month's break?" Mom spoke.

"I've said what I said. I want you to work your way to the top in the company before you can take over. Start writing your job application," Dad said. "You are going there as Chukwunedum Igbokwe, not as my son. When you're worthy, I'll hand over the property to you.

Or forget it. I can give your inheritance to charity."

"Yes, Dad."

"Same goes for you, Chukwubuchim." Buchi sighed quietly.