||62||

"Firstly, I have to say, Vivian, I'm impressed. I never knew you had such cruelty in you. Maybe I knew after you destroyed Kehlani's face but not to this extent. I'm in awe, baby girl." I laughed at Kenneth. "But what you did, babe, I—I don't like it. There are many ways to ruin someone. Yes, you did well leaking those tapes. But did you even find out the truth behind them? Everything is so twisted."

"What are you talking about?" He sounded like he was about to support that witch.

"You were wrong about that girl. The videos are a big misunderstanding. Ebenezer told me."

"Kenneth..."

"I'm sensitive when it concerns matters like hers. She's a victim of something you'd never imagine, Vivian."

"Are you about to lecture me?"

"No. I'm not. I'm just telling you to look for the truth first. Don't be so rash. You saw the videos and so what? What of the other things you dug up? Did you even care to read or go though?' I did not.

"It seemed unnecessary." He sighed. "I had a goal, and I achieved it."

"Check for facts next time. If you can go ahead even after seeing them, then you, my dear, are truly cold-hearted."

"Do you hate cold-hearted people?" He chuckled.

"No, sweetheart. No. Only if they go against me. I love it when we work together. And the way I see it, you and I will make a perfect pair. What do you think?" Was this his way of asking me out? I decided not to answer.

"Did you know that your dad is my godfather?"

"I heard."

"Did you know me before Ebenezer's party?'

"Yeah, but not really."

"Seriously?"

"He always posted you on his social media." Oh. Not what I expected. "Why are you asking these questions?"

"My mom said there was a time you spent a term here. You schooled here. but the funny thing is, I don't remember that."

"Neither do I. Dad always talks about you like I should know you. But it's weird. But I have these flashes sometimes. I remember you in a time way before I met you."

"I get headaches when I think about it." He stayed silent for a while. "Kenneth?"

"Hmm? I'm thinking of something babe. Let's forget it."

"If you say so. So tell me something, why's Tiana's case sensi—" He cut me off.

"It's personal, Vivian." I hummed. Personal? "More like a family issue. I don't want to talk about it."

"I'm sorry."

~

Eben had invited me to his place for their end of term seniors' party. I saw no reason to go, even though Buchi was attending. There was nothing to do in teenage parties anyway, except revel and get drunk and do all sorts of disgusting things. Parties weren't exactly my scene. I missed my Hughton friends, especially Kristopher. I wondered how he was doing. We had texted earlier and he told me he was attending a church programme. Such a godly boy—a rarity in today's type of teenagers. I admired him a lot for it.

"Are you sure these are the styles you want?" I confirmed by nodding. "All with lace?" I nodded again. I whipped out my phone as the tailor started attending to my sister. According to the info gotten from mom, this December had lots of activities going on. Two of my cousins were even getting married. Then parties I would be dragged to by my parents. It was going to be stressful, but enjoyable.