✾𝟭✾

"Y/n! Y/n!" Little Tanjiro called out happily for his best friend, he plopped down next to her on the wooden engawa

"Y/n! Y/n!" Little Tanjiro called out happily for his best friend, he plopped down next to her on the wooden engawa. Y/n looked at Tanjiro happily. "Tanjiro-kun!" Y/n exclaimed happily, giggling as she clapped her hands excitedly. They were three when they met. Their families were great friends, and that means Y/n hanging out with Tanjiro, leading them both to become best of friends.

They grew up together, now six years old, sitting on the floorboards of Tanjiro's house as Y/n's parents left Y/n to the Kamado's house as they set off on another business trip.

Kigiku Saori is a businessman partnering with his wife, Tanake Aiya.

Kigiku Saori and Tanake Aiya were best friends with Tanjiro's father, Kamado Tanjuro, and Tanjiro's mother, Kie. The four used to arrange tea time all the time, but recently, the Kigiku's were busy with their own businesses and their own problems. The Kamado's offered them help and which they gratefully accepted.

"Why are you here?" Tanjiro asked with big curious eyes looking at Y/n. "You don't want me here?" Y/n pouted sadly. "No no, I want you here!" Tanjiro said as he held Y/n's arm. "I'm here because my parents left to go to a b-.." she trailed off. "b-.." she blinked. How to pronounce that word again? Y/n asked herself. "Bus--" "Busyness trip," she said proudly.

"What's a busyness trip?" Tanjiro asked as he tilted his head to the side. "Well-- well-- I-- I don't know" Y/n never did understand what a business trip is for her parents never tell any details to her. A wave of cold wind passed by as Y/n sneezed and shivered. "W-when did it get this cold?" she stuttered.

Tanjiro looked at her. "Here, have this" he smiled brightly as he wrapped his blue scarf around her neck. "Thanks, Tanji" Y/n gave a toothy smile. "Tanjiro? Y/n? Why are you both sitting on the engawa? You both will catch a cold" Kie said. Y/n stood up and helped Tanjiro up. "M-Mrs. Kamado?" Y/n started. "Yes, dear?" Kie smiled, tilting her head. "D-do you know what a busyness trip is?" Y/n asked.

Kie almost had a heart attack of how Y/n is so adorable. "Well, you see dear, your father is a businessman, and sometimes, businessmen or women need to go on a trip to another state or country to make deals" Kie explained kindly. "Oh and, it's business trip sweetie, not busyness" Kie giggled as Y/n stared with dotted eyes.

"Now come along now, get in before you guys catch a cold" Kie beckoned them both to come in. Y/n and Tanjiro looked at Kie, Tanjiro making his way to Y/n's soft hands and gently grabbed it, entwining their fingers together. "Let's go Y/n-chan" Tanjiro said as he dragged Y/n into their house. "Hm," Y/n nodded. "Now kids, lunch is almost ready, for the meantime, you kids should wear your haoris" Kie said.

"Yes, Mrs. Kamado" Y/n said as she gave a small salute towards Kie to which Kie giggled at. "Got it, Mom" Tanjiro smiled brightly as he dragged y/n towards his room and grabbed his and Y/n's haori. "Here's your haori, Y/n-chan" he said, giving it to Y/n.

"Thank you Tanji!" Y/n smiled happily as she wore her haori and sat down on the light green-colored tatami

"Thank you Tanji!" Y/n smiled happily as she wore her haori and sat down on the light green-colored tatami. Strips of sunlight entered the room as it lit Y/n's face. Tanjiro prepared the futon and laid down on it. "Lay over here Y/n-chan" Tanjiro patted the empty space next to him. Y/n looked at him, then the futon, Y/n then crawled over to the futon and lay next to Tanjiro, looking at his face. His maroon eyes twinkling, his mahogany-colored hair and his cheeks were red because of the cold.

"Y/n-chan, you look pretty," Tanjiro said suddenly. Y/n blinked at him. "You really think so, Tanji?" Y/n asked, smiling happily. "Of course! Your hair looks so fluffy and soft and your eyes are so bright" Tanjiro smiled. Tanjiro then went closer towards Y/n inch by inch before he engulfed her in his embrace. Y/n blinked before she wrapped her arms around his torso. "It's cold, so I'll keep you warm, Y/n" Tanjiro nuzzled his face on your head as Y/n buried her face in Tanjiro's chest, they pulled up the blanket before falling asleep in each other's embrace.