✾𝟭𝟭✾

Tanjiro stumbled back

Tanjiro stumbled back. He's gone with that much sunlight? No wonder Nezuko shrinks from it!  he thought. Tanjiro looked around. "Nezuko, Y/n?" "Nezuko! Y/n!" he exclaimed, the worry feeling started to sink in his heart. He hadn't noticed where Y/n or Nezuko had scampered off. He then glanced at the temple, seeing Y/n's denim-colored haori flashed. Tanjiro then rushed into the temple, then his shoulders relaxed when he saw Nezuko in the basket with a blanket in the corner. "Tanjiro, have you killed the demon yet?" Y/n asked. Tanjiro shook his head. "The sunlight killed him," he trailed off. 

"O-oh right, I forgot. Where is Mr. Urokodaki?" Tanjiro asked. "Okay Nezuko, stay here alright? Don't expose yourself to the sunlight, here," Y/n said as she tied the basket with the blanket. "Good Nezuko," she smiled. Nezuko smiled happily inside the basket before Y/n went to Tanjiro who was smiling fondly. "Let's go search for my grandpa," Y/n smiled. Tanjiro nodded and grabbed her soft hands. They walked around the temple and stopped in their tracks as they saw Urokodaki praying in front of the grave. 

"He buried the people who get killed," Y/n murmured. They walked closer with hand in hand. "Um..." Tanjiro started unsurely. Urokodaki stood up. "I'm assuming you're the one Giyu Tomioka sent my way," Urokodaki said. "Yes! My name is Kamado Tanjiro!" Tanjiro exclaimed, letting go of y/n's hands. "My sister's name is Nezuko and... " Urokodaki then turned around and face Y/n and Tanjiro. "Tanjiro, Y/n, what would you do if Nezuko devours a human?" Urokodaki asked. 

Y/n hummed while she tapped her chin with half-lidded eyes. Then she looked at Urokodaki. "Kill her," Y/n said. Tanjiro looked terrified at Y/n. Urokodaki then stepped closer to Tanjiro and slapped him hard on the cheek. Tanjiro looked at the ground before changing his glance at Urokodaki. "Too slow!" Urokodaki yelled. "You're just too slow at making decisions! You failed to kill the demon before daybreak!" Sakonji pointed out. "Do you know why you couldn't answer my question right away?" Urokodaki asked. "It's because your resolve is too weak!" Urokodaki shouted. "There are two things to do if your sister devours a human, kill your sister and slit your own belly and die! That's what it means to travel with your sister who became a demon! But that must never happen no matter what, and you'd best not forget" Urokodaki exclaimed. 

"Your sister, your friend, taking the life of an innocent person... That's the one thing that must never happen. Ever!" Urokodaki added. "Do you understand what I'm saying?" Urokodaki asked. Y/n looked at Tanjiro quietly. "Yes!" Tanjiro replied. "Alright, I'm going to test you both, to see if you're fit to become a member of the demon slayer corps." 

"Carry your sister on your back, and follow me!" Urokodaki said as he turned towards Tanjiro. Tanjiro nodded before he rushed inside the temple. "Y/n, good job," Urokodaki said with a hint of amusement and pride. 

"On what?" Y/n asked. "On making the right decision, however, we must prevent that to happen. Ever." Urokodaki said as Y/n nodded in response. 

The sandals of Y/n and Tanjiro slapped the ground aggressively as the sounds of loud footsteps could be heard. Y/n and Tanjiro ran while panting. Y/n looked around the paddy field and looked at Urokodaki's back. Grandpa, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I didn't even try to ask if you are alive or not, I'm sorry I didn't accompany you on those lonely days, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I should've done something. I'm sorry to Tanjiro too, I'm so sorry Tanji. I'm sorry that your family was murdered, I'm sorry that I'm not enough for you, she thought as she closed herself as her legs ran faster, passing Tanjiro.

 Tanjiro looked at y/n in shock before he started thinking. I'm so sorry Nezuko, please be patient. I'll make sure you'll turn back to a human! I swear I'll buy you a beautiful kimono someday! I swear I'll keep you and y/n safe! I swear I'll get to marry Y/n someday! Everything I couldn't do for the others... I'll do it all for both you and y/n! Tanjiro thought as tears formed his eyes and he gathered more speed, running beside Y/n who was also crying. Y/n glanced at Tanjiro. "Are-- Are you crying?" Y/n panted as she kept on moving. 

Tanjiro looked at her. "Are you crying?!" he exclaimed back. "No! No, I'm not." Y/n said, wiping her eyes. "Well, I can see your tears!" He exclaimed in a worried tone. "I'm fine! I-i- swear" Y/n panted as she kept pushing herself to run.