✾𝟵✾

tw: blood

tw: blood. please don't force yourself, if you don't like blood, to read this. 

Tanjiro held Y/n's hand as Y/n held Nezuko's hand. The dirt crunched under their feet as the crescent moon shone and the pack of clouds decorated the glowing moon. Tanjiro, Y/n, and Nezuko looked ahead. "There's a temple right there.." Y/n muttered her eyes were half-lidded. "There's light leaking though, so someone must be there" Tanjiro exclaimed. "Let's check it out," he added, smiling. Nezuko gently tugged on y/n's hand to keep her from sleeping. Tanjiro then looked around with wide eyes. He looked agitated as he observed his surroundings before turning his maroon gaze on Y/n. "Y/n, Nezuko, I smell blood!" Tanjiro stated. 

"This mountain path is pretty rough, someone must've gotten hurt!" Tanjiro exclaimed in worry. Y/n's e/c eyes shot open. "Tanjiro, I don't think it's safe to go in the temple," Y/n started slowly. "It doesn't matter, someone is hurt," Tanjiro said, glancing at the girl who glanced at Nezuko. 

Tanjiro then squeezed Y/n's hand, making y/n tore her gaze to Tanjiro with furrowed brows before Tanjiro blinked and ran, dragging Y/n and Nezuko with him. They climbed up the wooden stairs. "Tanjiro, we still can go back you know--" Y/n started. "Don't worry, Y/n. I'll make sure you're safe!" Tanjiro exclaimed. 

Nezuko smirked behind her muzzle before she blinked and turned back to her innocent expression. Short h/c and raven-colored hair were flying majestically behind y/n and Nezuko.

They stopped in front of a well-built temple as Tanjiro let go of Y/n's hands. Y/n sighed, squeezing Nezuko's hands tightly. "Are you all right?!" Tanjiro slide the doors apart forcefully. His blood-colored orbs widened in shock. "Tanjiro-Kun..?" Y/n asked as she let go of Nezuko's hand and slowly approached him but Tanjiro pushed her back, leaving her falling, Nezuko catching her in time. 

Glistening blood painted all over the temple as the demon was feasting on the dead men that were brutally ripped open, the temple reek the smell of iron. Nezuko pushed y/n back to her feet. Y/n smiling at her gratefully and giving her a head pat. "What the hell?" an ugly voice reached Y/n and Nezuko's ears. "This is my turf." 

"If you break into my territory, I'll make you pay!" a green-haired demon shouted as blood messily dripped down his mouth. Y/n tried to peek again but Tanjiro pushed her off again, Nezuko catching her again. "Y/n. Don't come close again." Tanjiro gulped. "Who is that, Tanjiro?" Y/n asked. "Please, Y/n. Just run. Run with Nezuko." 

"I can't leave you here all alone!" Y/n hissed. Nezuko went to her brother's side as her pink eyes widened. After Tanjiro realized that it was a man-eating demon, he was thunderstruck. This gives a chance for y/n to see what's going on. Her e/c eyes widened. It was very messy. Drool came out from under Nezuko's chin. Y/n grabbed her by the arm and push her behind her. "Don't give in Nezuko," Y/n muttered to Nezuko. "Don't give in," she repeated. 

"There's something off about you," the demon hissed as he licked his bloody fingers. Y/n made a face of disgust. He got up and looked at them with veins appearing on his forehead. "Are you three humans?" he asked. Y/n squinted her eyes at him. Tanjiro stumbled back a bit before raising a protective arm before Y/n. The lights from the candle blew off as the demon pounced forcefully at y/n. Y/n fell back with a rather amused face. Tanjiro's eyes panicked as Nezuko's hair was flying with the flow of the wind that the demon had caused. Y/n took out a hatchet from her back and slashed the demon's neck, a huge amount of blood gushed out from the wound. 

"Hm," she hummed. For some reason, she finds this rather.. interesting. She observed how the demon has a rather special look to it. Weird. Nezuko looks way better than this demon, I wonder how every other demon looks different or not, she thought, looking at her bloodied axe. 

"An axe, huh? Not bad," he stated. Y/n landed on her two feet. She hummed in agreement. "But a scratch like this could heal in no time," he snarled. Tanjiro's breathing became mismatched. His eyes widened. 

Y/n hummed in agreement again, before she finally looked at the demon in the eyes. "You are.. one.. magnificent living being, demon," Y/n trailed off. "However, I could never forgive you," she said pointing her axe at the demon with half-lidded eyes and raise eyebrows. "That you had murdered uncountable numbers of our kind," Y/n said rather gently. 

The demon smirked. "This. This is what I call a worthy opponent," 

"Do not consider me as your opponent. Consider me as your enemy," Y/n said before she placed her axe down with a frown. "See that? The bleeding's stopped," he smirked widely. Y/n had a glare of disgust. The demon disappeared before appearing on Y/n, choking her with one of his arms. 

Y/n struggled to breathe as beads of sweat rolled off from her forehead, her axe was thrown away by the demon, but y/n still held that glare of disgust which made the demon hesitant a bit before choking her even tighter. Tanjiro's eyes widened even more before he made a run. "You won't get me twice!" the demon laughed maniacally. "But, I-I'll get you thrice!" y/n said, her eyes widening as she could see a hatchet and a foot kicked and chopped the demon's head. 

The grip on Y/n loosened as Y/n choked for the air. Nezuko and Tanjiro glared dangerously at the demon, both of them having veins appearing on their forehead. The body of the demon fell on Y/n, y/n still panting, y/n pushed the body off in disgust. Nezuko glanced at y/n, her best friend's weak state made her glowered in anger. The demon was reaching out to Y/n, Nezuko was just about to kick it when her brother kicked it powerfully. The back of the demon hit the tree, as it fell to the ground. 

Tanjiro turned to Y/n. "Y/n! Are you alright?" he asked, his veins disappeared as his breathing became uneven. Nezuko's brows furrowed at the demon. "You bastards!" that line made Tanjiro even angrier. "One of you is a demon after all? No wonder you give off such a bad vibe!" he shrieked. "What's a human and a demon doing teaming up?" he asked loudly. Y/n's eyes widened. It's t-talking even-- even if its body and head were separated, Y/n thought. 

[ notes ] 

- if you guys couldn't tell, i didn't update yesterday and i'm very sorry. i got really busy, that's why i didn't write any chapters. i'm really sorry-- 

- don't forget to always smile, even in pain! because your problems aren't bigger than your capability.